Tuesday, 29 January 2013

TUESDAY TRAFFIC LIGHT TROUBLE

 
 
Well actually, the trouble was Monday, but the spanking was Tuesday. Every Monday my husband and grown up son go to a nearby town for some sports training. Normally I stay at home and enjoy a bit of peace and quiet, but oh no not this week, this week I decided to go get into trouble. One of my friends lives nearby to the sports facilities so I offered to drop them off and pay her a visit. (Iwas invited I didn't just inflict myself on her!). So far so good, we had  a good gossip, watched a soap that we both like and we had a drink.Now I do not drink often and definitely not much so a little goes  long long way. I expect you can see where I am heading. Time passed quickly and I set off to fetch my tired sportsmen.Now, I did mention my one drink.
." Are you safe to drive?" my hero asked. Indignantly I assured him that of course I was and off we set.. Now my friends, I nearly made it, chatting to my son and hubby about their days I didnt stop for a red light until my darling yelled his head off and I slammed on the brakes. Actually the roads were quiet and all was well. I didnt cause an accident, I didn't harm anyone, my son even had athe audacity to laugh.
I  however, having glanced acrossat my husbands set face, did not laugh. He said straightaway, IN FRONT OF OUR SON," you know what this means". Colour me speechless. Of course I knew what it mean't. I may be a bad driver :( but stupid I am not. I did not dare open my mouth and we made it home in silence. Our son then left to return to his own home and I  speedily fed the hungry hero with no mention of my teeny little  mistake. Our evening continued with t.v. and a cuddle and off to bed.
I must admit that I did not sleep well and sure enough as Iwas snuggling up to my beloved in the morning he said don't forget we have something to take care of and I knew my goose was cooked. A lecture swiftly followed, and this was followed with a spanking and the bleeping hairbrush. Will I ever  have a drink at my friend's house? NO. Will I ever insist on driving when he could take over for me? NO.  Am I sorry? YES. Does he still love me ? YES YES YES. All is now forgiven and I am being very very careful.
 I am still amazed at the power ttwd has to bring us closer together ,  I love my husband,I love my life.X  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan!!!!
    Congratulations - you did it! I knew you could.
    This is wonderful.

    Well.....your story was scary and then wonderful. Driving is oft citing issue between spouses in dd. I have learned since beginning dd, that issues were safety is concerned hit high on the "to be avoided" list. Driving is something that often brings that out in HoHs - speeding, licence issues, not carrying a cell phone when driving, etc...etc...
    It is wonderful that the communication is open, because despite the initial bottom roasting, it is nice to know how much they care about us.
    hugs and welcome,
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lillie,Thankyou soo much for the advertising, you are very kind. Gosh your daughter is one brave girl to sing that!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jan. I followed you over from Lillie's blog. I've enjoyed reading your story. I'm always happy to read about yet another couple DD has brought closer. My husband and I are about 3 months in and we're pretty happy with it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Queenie, Thankyou for coming to visit my blog, Gload you are happy with ttwd.Hugs jan.x

      Delete