Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Backwards

 
 
I am trying not to complain, I know everything has been difficult lately. The work is nearly at an end and I fear this is only going to show that we may be living in a great little home but ttwd has taken a few steps backward along the way.
Hubby  (and I ) have had a bad week, we both have colds, no heating, too much work, but a couple of months ago we would have been pulling together , nurturing each other and helping get things on track. Over the last few days I know I have been horrid, irritable, disrespectful, argumentative: you name it I have been it.
 
BUT SO HAS HE!!!!!
 
I can't cope with this , I can feel myself turning away from him and more to the point he is letting me.  We need to reconnect somehow but I can't see it happening anytime soon. How depressing it is.
 
At the moment I feel as if we are fighting a losing battle:( . Actually we are on opposing sides and we are both losing. Things are now silent, never a good thing but the longer it goes on I wonder just what will pop out if I  open my mouth.
 
So for the time being it is a very quiet home. :((
hope you all have a good day, love Janxx


11 comments:

  1. This all sounds so familiar. Still, this silence must be broken, somebody has to do it. You don't need any heating when you are close together!
    Isn't that a good reason to break the silence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bas, you are so right, I am going to try to talk today, I need to lift my spirits somehow. Thanks for commenting, love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. Do you ask him to read your blog?
    Maybe that would clear the air.
    All very familiar stuff.
    Don't get too frustrated with the 2 steps forwards and 4 steps back.
    Tis the way of it !
    Sarah,LD,UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, He is not interested in reading any blogs, I wish he would, I feel sure it would help but I don't want to nag him right now. Can't risk making matters worse. Hope you and yours are okay. love Janxx

      Delete
  3. You are both stressed right now with all the work going on and both feeling under the weather to boot. Try not to be too disheartened, we all go through these stages with ttwd. Hopefully, once the work is complete you will start to get back on track.

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, thanks for your sympathy, actually today has been a bit less frosty, we have both aimed our ire at the plumber instead of each other!! Janxx

      Delete
  4. Hope you are able to reconnect soon. I hate that jangly out-of-kilter feeling too.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand Jan. Stress and health and everything else drives this huge wedge and sooner or later there are two cranky people.

    Just grab his hand in a quiet, cold moment and see what happens. Maybe both of you will melt a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie, today we had a cuddle, when he patted my rear end I knew that it will be okay, plodding on for now, Jan xxx

      Delete
  6. Jan,
    I am so sorry that you are under such stress! I hope that you can connect soon!
    Bea

    ReplyDelete