Wednesday, 26 June 2013

The good, the bad and the ugly

I haven't blogged for a while, life for me is pretty good at the minute. We are strong, ttwd is great. I am behaving (ish).
BUT the world around me is bleeping  awful.
 Obviously I am English, and the furore about the article is not here, ( it took me ages to find it on the internet so don't you go worrying in America we are a long way out of touch. What a silly woman to write such claptrap, I know I live in cloud cuckooland but I thought journalists had to write some truth otherwise its a fictional novel isn't it? I don't think the British press would actually be that bothered. Spanking is the English vice after all!. I don't know if any  English bloggers have been contacted so I may be wrong but I don't think we are in the radar.


The GOOD is that poor little Emily appears to have turned the corner and for that, wherever we are, we are so grateful.  We can only hope that her recovery continues. I hope so, her and Jim and Christina and her brothers and sisters are in our thoughts constantly.
Also good news is that Cat is getting better after surgery and hopefully will soon be back to entertain us.x

The BAD is the fact that due to the bleeping article we are losing bloggers, it is so unfair that you should be driven underground. We are entitled to live our lives however we wish and in contact with whomever we want and I feel so angry that we have to let some random uneducated journalist force us  to this course of action. I don't post an awful lot, most of my blogland pals know I don't have a lot to say about this life ,I just live it . ( I am a happily spanked wife not an abused one if any journalists are reading this btw) I do know however that if I need friends there you all are, ready with advice and sympathy and I read all your blogs hoping your lives are as you wish them to be.
I hope that when the fuss dies down Stormy and co appear again. What aloss to our little world


The UGLY  has to be the attitude of all the people ( including  the media) who are portraying us as abused wives and abusing husbands. As my hubby said most of the husbands were persuaded by the wives in the first place and I do believe some took more convincing than others.  Please don't think I do not realise the seriousness of domestic abuse, I do I teach kids from these sorts of families sometimes and believe me  it is truly terrible.
Our community however is a great place to be and I wish we could all stand up and be counted and openly admit we live this lifestyle. I know we can't and if anyone ever tried to talk to me from the media they would get very short shrift.


I want to say to everyone that hopefully we will turn the corner soon and these people will leave us alone and find something better to talk about. Please don't all disappear. love ya lots


Janxxx

29 comments:

  1. I am so happy about Emily as well!
    As to the other the people who are feeding this frenzy should get tired of it all and go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, hope you are okay,thanks for the Cat updates.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jan, nice to hear from you!
    A certain English newspaper had picked up on the story, but didn't do more than give it cursory attention. I don't think the English are bothered by lifestyle choices, as long as it's behind closed doors and not in anyone's face.
    I hope it all goes away soon. There is plenty more news worthy items in the world than what goes on between consenting adults in the privacy of their own home.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi DF , you are right, they should mind their own business!!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  3. Sensationalism sells. That's it pure and simple. Soon something else will take its place, just as you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, lets hope it hurries up! Btw I loved your book
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  4. Hopefully the British newspapers have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I don't think that people over here are really that interested, and it will soon disappear off the radar. What concerns me is that one or two of my older blog posts are receiving some very weird comments and I have just pulled one of them and reverted it to a draft. I have also been getting lots of strange emails on my personal email address, because it has somehow gotten linked to my blog! I will try to ride things out, but if I have to go private, then I will have to. It's very annoying and frustrating.

    I am glad to hear everything is okay with you and thankfully the end of term is now in sight! Just millions of end of year reports to write! Sigh!

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, hope you and Starman had a lovely wedding anniversary, school will soon be over,
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  5. Jan,

    Good post with a very clever title!

    As ugly as all this has been, it truly is wonderful to see all the support given to the bloggers who've come under fire and all the love poured out to little Emily, Christina & Jim. I love this community!

    And I've always been drawn to all things British - I've always wanted to travel there one day..... but knowing that spanking is A-ok over there makes me want to come over even more, lol!

    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blimey Cali, don't get too excited. Spanking is not exactly on every street corner over here.lol You make us all sound a mad bunch, still you are welcome here anytime :)
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  6. You are "behaving(ish)" - I like that. Just keeping clear of a spanking? I'm English, too, I haven't read the article in question, don't intend to waste my time reading it and yes, spanking is the "English vice" so should be acceptable everywhere!

    Although DD is not practised much here as I am a diffident and inconsistent man and my wife, although she needs it very much in my private opinion, is not keen, I think it's a damned good practice and should be more widespread. I'm just too lazy to enforce rules, I don't like them and Rose is never going to remind me. Kudos to those wives who ask for it, and those husbands who enforce it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite a good girl actually, the trouble is I like being spanked so .....
      You don't want to visit Rogue, she has her ways of dealing with inconsistency lol
      Is your wife totally against ttwd ? just wondering.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  7. Emily has been our focus, and that is what our community is about. The support we have for each other.

    I think, in my opinion, and from talking to numerous bloggers, that people were frightened and as in instinctual, precautionary messure, they pulled their blogs. Once their heart stops racing ( and in some cases the nasty emails stop) they will be back. Perhaps missing a few older posts, but the important thing is we stay strong together.

    Happy to see you are doing well Jan.
    love,
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willie,it is so great how everyone is rallying around Emily and Cat. Just goes to show we are better people than the media!
      On that subject they should read a few of our blogs detailing how hard we have had to work to get our husbands to spank us, perhaps they would realise how much we like it;))
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Jan,

    It's great to hear from you! Happy to hear you are doing well.

    So glad and relieved to hear the good news about Emily. The support from this community has been amazing. This is where this community thrives. So happy to hear Cat's surgery went well too. Sending love and prayers to both Emily and Cat for their continued recovery.

    I am hoping the media hype will soon settle down and that blogland will return to normal soon.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, Surely it is still not rumbling along in America now. The newspapers over there ought to have better things to write about it. I am so glad that Emily seems to be on the mend. What a terrible ordeal Jim and Christina have had. They are constantly in everyone's thoughts,
      Hope you and yours are okay
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely post, Jan and yes, Emily is the big news. It is wonderful to share in the joy of her progress with people here.
    hugs and love
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lillie, nice to see you. I know you are really busy at the moment and hope that thngs get back to normal soon. Hope you are all happy and ttwd is going well
      Love Jan.xx

      Delete
  10. I think these things bow themselves out but you are right, it is more than tiresome. Sarah,LD,UK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sarah. how are you doing? NIce to see you,
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with u I thought it had to be real to be non fiction lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi J. My name is Milly and I'm also from the Uk! I stumbled across your blog and thought I would say hi! I agree with you regarding this article and hope that it will all blow over soon. We should all be able to live our lives as we choose. I've been in a DD relationship for about 18 months and have been married for nearly 20 years. I also love Michael Buble. Take care M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Milly, You are very welcome to visit here. Who knows maybe we live near each other, I have recently met another English blogger Ami Starsong , We had a girly day out, It's great to actually be able to chat. We started ttwd just less than a year ago, it's made an already happy marriage even happier
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  14. OK...just end of term madness...added to which we go to US for our holday this w/e (if we can all stop shouting at each other....) Sarah,LD,UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I hope you have a fabulous holiday, bet you are meeting up with a blogger while you are there;)
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  15. hi J,
    Yes we may live nearby. I'm in sunny Berkshire! I have been trying to organise my blog but just can't get my act together!!! How lovely to meet up with another blogger, it's lovely to be able to share this lifestyle sometimes isn't it? I shall think of you when I see Michael Buble on Sunday.
    Hugs Milly x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Milly, I am in East Anglia, Let me know when you are blogging
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi J I will. It will be lovely to keep in touch! Have good weekend! Love M x

    ReplyDelete