Friday, 12 July 2013

Naughty and Nice

This week has, like so many , been full of ups and downs. We  have all suffered losses and gains this week . Losing Bas, so terribly sad, and Emily returning home, so wonderful. Our own lives have somehow paled into insignificance along side such huge  goings on.

It has been great to read some everyday things about my friends, Callie's boots, Stormy in trouble again (sorry hon), Cat's back typing, and Lillie at last has put up part two and put us all out of our misery.   ( Can I just say we were all rooting for the happy ending we knew was coming, we are forever optimistic in Blogland).  

Having name dropped shamefully I want to let you in to a couple of things in my own humdrum life.

Firstly and Thanks to a Renee Rose post we have tried


figging


Omg I can't believe I have written it down,  come to that I can't believe I have done it either. My poor husband did not even have a clue what it was until I tentatively read excerpts from a certain romance writers blog.!! Have to say he enjoyed watching me squirm about getting hotter and hotter.  . I am sure I don't actually need to spell it out for you all but  oh my stars....... That's the naughty, well really that was more than nice as well.   :)))



Later on in my week I met a new healthcare professional to help with my now never expected to go away pain problem.

Her name is Sarah and she is possibly the nicest nurse I have ever met. Her kindness and understanding  made me cry. For the first time in ten years I felt that maybe things would improve. I am so lucky to have met her and I get to see her regularly, how fab is that?


On a cheeky note
 
 
my hubby came to the appointment with me and as we left I looked at his face and he had a very cheeky expression on it. Bearing in mind I had been a bit tearful at times I thought this a bit strange. When I questioned him he said that when Sarah had asked what I thought helped with my pain control he said it took everything in him to keep his mouth shut and not blurt out that  the thing that made me feel better the most was his hard hand.!! He says he was an inch away from spilling the beans, and she was such an innocent YOUNG nurse as well. I would have died on the spot. ( after I had murdered him of course).
 
One of the things she recommended was to build myself a support group around me  and I  thought of all of you , knowing that support is always forthcoming from our community wherever we are. That is my first task done then;)
 
 
My next appointment is to learn some specific relaxation techniques as sleeping is a  problem. For the first time ever I am looking forward to a hospital appointment. I am going to get as well as I can.
 
 
 
This lifestyle is jogging along nicely and I want to do everything I can to bring joy to my darling hubby just as he does to me.
 
 
 
I hope you are all well and happy, have a wonderful weekend, spanked or not according to your wishes.
 
 
 
love Jan.xxxxx
 
 
 
 
 






28 comments:

  1. Well, Jan, this post was just as advertised - naughty and nice....
    Thank you for the mention, btw.
    Congrats on your naughty interlude with hubby and on finding the treasure in Sara.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I am the only one having naughty interludes am I Lillie? :)
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Jan,

    I'm sorry about your pain management issue - that must be so hard. But I know that having a wonderful nurse can make all the difference in the world. How sweet that you immediately recognized your support group that is right here at your fingertips - this is a remarkable community, I am totally thankful for it too.

    I love the thought that your 'cheeky' hubby almost spilled the beans on you! I love looking back at those near misses and giggling about them together afterwards.

    ((hugs))
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! And yay for you for trying something so naughty - and loving it!! It gives me hope. :)

      Delete
    2. He was so cheeky and I really think he would have told her if we had been in there much longer. There is always hope Cali
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  3. Gosh Jan! I love how you wrote 'it' quietly! Hmmmmm!?

    I am so happy you are getting the care you need! In all ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is suprising how much bottle it took to write it at all, Ami egged me on
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  4. You have a wonderful weekend also.

    So glad you may finally be getting the help you need to make life better and not just hubby's hard hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically though his hard hand achieves the best results so far!!!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness Jan...yup, naughty and nice. ;) Sorry, but I am not typing much yet...am actually using the software that some loving and generous friends sent me...I just talk and it types...just doesn't always understand me. Hmmm...someone suggested it may be my accent...what!...I don't have an accent!

    If there is anything we can specifically do to help with your pain management...please shout!

    Sending prayers and healing energy your way.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a wonderful accent!! I love it!

      Delete
    2. Hi Cat, We could all do with that software, we wouldn't have to worry about spelling mistakes. Hope you keep improving too
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  6. Beg your pardon Jan, didn't quite catch that whisper, did you say FIGGING?! Sorry couldn't resist :)
    Hope the pain management works out for you. Makes a big difference to have somebody listen to your problems.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ssh ssh, don't go telling everyone, lol
      love Jan.xx
      P.S. loving the Casey stories

      Delete
  7. I am so glad you put up a post about this Jan! Of course, we now all want the details!!!!

    That is good to hear about your pain management. It helps so much when someone is sympathetic.

    Laughed like a drain about your husband nearly letting the cat out of the bag! That would have been rich! Could you have imagined the look on the young girl's face!!! It is amazing what a "cure-all" spanking is though.

    You see, you don't post for ages, and when you do you post a real "humdinger".

    Many hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not getting any more details, what do you think I am ? a blabbermouth;))
      That's not the first time I have had a near miss with hubby dropping me in it. Itwon't be long
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  8. LOL, be thankful you aren't married to my H. He would have just said it!

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't going to be long, I live in fear!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  9. Hey Jan,

    This post made me smile. As promised, naughty and nice :) Yep, you said it LoL.

    So glad to hear you are being well taken care of with your pain management. It makes such a difference when you have someone who listens and genuinely cares. Oh my gosh, Rick would have been the same. Thank goodness he didn't blurt it out LoL

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if he it didn't involve him" hitting " me he would have come out and said it, One of these times he is going to forget himself. I nearly said something in front of my adult son today. I suppose it's because we are so comfortable with it now and its such a big part of life we don't think about it.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  10. yay on all counts...glad you are finding ways to cope with the pain in delightful ways (I myself have never tried what you spoke of but have been intrigued to hear of other's experiences)and glad you found a special nurse to care for you...and glad your hubby kept the chuckle to himself :-) Best wishes to you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, hope you are painfree at the minute , it's hard isn't it? Sundays are bad for me as I have along day on Saturdays teaching.
      am lazing about reading the blogs.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Jan! Just as you said--lol, naughty and nice. What is it about men who want to explain how a swat in one place will distract us from pain in another place. I really hope the new nurse can help you find some relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we were sitting in a café at lunchtime today and chatting about everything and I suddenly realised that the late middle aged couple next to us were quite clearly listening to our conversation, (our paddling conversation!) Bet that livened up their day
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  12. Naughty and Nice made me smile.

    Happy to hear about hour pain management.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, how lucky are we here in England? The sun is out at last. yay
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  13. So, me being in trouble makes ya happy? POUT! Just kidding.

    I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to find the perfect physician. I'm still searching. Hope all goes well at the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better you than me !!! Thanks Stormy, hope you are well.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete