Thursday, 17 October 2013

Late to the Meme Party!

I have seen this meme on everyone's blog. figured it must be my go.:)

The phone rings, who do you want it to be? My son who lives away, I miss him so much.

When shopping at the supermarket, do you return your trolley? Yes I do, I need my pound back.

In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? I can be both but I do talk a lot!

Do you take compliments well? No , definitely no I really don't.

Are you an active person? Hello, dance teacher here, ( actually I would love to just sit and read all day, my job makes me active).

If abandoned in the wilderness, would you survive? Again no not a chance.

Did you ever go to camp as a child? Nope , I would have hated it then just as much as I would now.

What was your favourite game as a child? Board game would have to be Yahtzee, I loved my dollies though.

A sexy person is pursuing you, but you know he/she is married, would you? No I would not, and believe me in my job ,all that close dancing I do everything in my power to  give off no signals ALL the time.

Are you judgemental?   Yes I think I am

Do you like to pursue or be pursued? Neither now I am VERY happily married. I would have preferred to have been pursued in my younger single days.

Use three words to describe yourself? Hardworking, kind and boring.

If you had to choose would you rather be blind or deaf? What a horrid question( no offence to whoever wrote this meme)  Deaf. If I couldn't read I would be desolate.

Are you continuing your education? No thanks I am too lazy

Do you know how to shoot a gun? No, not the foggiest idea.

How often do you read books? Every spare minute I have.

Do you think more about the past, present or future? At the minute it is the future, we are worrying about how we will ever  be able to afford to retire.

What is your favourite children's book? Any Enid Blyton adventure or maybe The secret garden or maybe the chronicles of Narnia or.......

Where is your ideal house located? In the country.

Boxers, briefs, thong, panties or grannies? Knickers preferably from Marks and Spencers. I am English after all!

Last person you talked to? My lovely old Cat.

Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Yes of course, how else do get passport photos?

What are the keys on your keyring for? Our car, our home, my mum's house.

Where was the furthest place you travelled today? The next town.

Where is your current pain? Oops bad question , you don't want to get me started, it would take up too much space, I am riddled with it today.

Do you like mustard? No.

Do you prefer to sleep or eat? Sleep

Do you look like your mum or dad? My maternal grandma actually.

How long does it take you in the shower?  Ages at the moment because it helps the pain

What movie do you want to see right now? None I am not a film person.

What did you do for New Years? Snuggled up with my husband, it was his first year off work for ages, normally we are frantically texting in between his jobs.

What was the cause of your last accident? I fell down a flight of stairs at the school I work in. Most embarrassing as I had  student with me and she was frantic. I bloody hurt myself too apart from feeling an idiot.


21 comments:

  1. Boring????!!!!! Not from what I've read on this blog!
    Thanks for sharing.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I have read your blog too and oh yes I am definitely boring:))
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you joined in the fun - always love reading friend's answers to memes. :-) Sorry you are feeling pain today...hope you are feeling better soon. Take a nice long shower... Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi terps, thanks for that, am struggling at the moment. had some tests at the doctors today, here's hoping he comes up with something
      l hope you are okay
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  3. Bullet points for you Mrs!

    - You are not boring!
    - Marks and Sparks knickers? Oh come on....
    - It's a mystery to me where all these people in the US and Canada get their passport photos taken! Unless they are all posh and go to proper photographers....

    Your answers were great!

    Hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my M and S knickers ! Can't wear fancy knickers for teaching you know. I can't think of any where else to get a passport photo done either. Perhaps Ami we are a bit common:). I was thinking that some of those things I didn't have or wouldn't even consider doing. I am either lazy or...

      Delete
  4. These are fun aren't they! :) I love how you call panties knickers! Glad you are okay after the fall down the stairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, I translated the whole meme in actual fact. I took six months for my bruised arm to heal. !!I am very careful now on the stairs at school.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  5. Memes are fun. I loved reading your answers. Hardworking, kind and no way boring.

    I'm off to do the meme.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, When I read everyone else's answers I seem to have led such a sheltered life! I am popping over to check out your answers
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  6. Boring? Ha! Thanks for sharing...love reading about friends. If you get abandoned in the wilderness, call me...I'll help you survive and if you ever make it to the states, I will be more than happy to teach you how to shoot guns. ;)

    So sorry you are in such pain...sending lots of prayers and healing energy your way.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, Thanks for the survival skills help, not many people round here would ever learn to, or need to, shoot a gun. I have absolutely no wilderness skills at all. You will have a difficult job there. I hope all is well with you
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  7. This was so much fun! I agree not boring. I love that you try not to be suggestive or leading! Falling down the stairs...awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, I think for ages at school I was known by all the students as " the exam lady who fell down the stairs", so embarrassing. Hope your clothes are on the right way round today, you so made me laugh.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  8. LOL, I'm glad we're not the only ones who have to pay for shopping carts :D

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Callie, we certainly do and they now have special wheels on so you can't stray from the supermarket car park. !!! Hope you and H are ok
      love Janxxx

      Delete
  9. Hey Jan,

    I enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing. I agree with the others, definitely not boring! I used to love reading Enid Blyton too.

    Oh goodness, the fall down the stairs sounds awful. I hope you weren't too badly hurt. Sorry you are in so much pain and hope you manage to get some relief.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I loved all of Enid Blyton's books, I think they should revive them all now, because some of today's kid's books are utter twaddle. My kids read them, and I read them to them. Am waiting for grandchildren for another go! I taught last night so am stiff as a post today. Never mind, plenty worse off than me. Next week one of my girls is in a show at school and I am taking a few of the other girls to see her. makes the agony worth it when I see them
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  10. So sorry about your tumble, it happens. I think we had the same answers on the important things, I love hearing from my kids and I hate mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elis, I miss my son and daughter in law very much, they are coming home for the weekend in a couple of weeks time. I shall hang the flags out! Have a good week at school
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice meme! Sorry about your fall..ouch.

    ReplyDelete