Friday, 22 November 2013

I've Named Him!!


Hello everyone, this post is just to introduce you all to the most important  man in my world.

 Who could that be I hear you ask?


Of course it is my beloved, my darling husband. Up until now he has only been known as hubby. The other day he asked if maybe I could see my way to giving him a name, after all he is a real person not just any old nameless husband so.............................


Now the name I have chosen is                              "JOHN".

Why John you ask, well there are lots of famous Johns, so is he named after:









A great man, but no, not this one. So maybe it is this one that gets my attention:
Sadly no.my husband cannot sing a note, tone deaf he is!!

I thought and thought , do I like a bad boy, mm maybe so what about this gangster chappie:













Now that is a lovely dark brooding look but I am far too much of a good girl to tie myself to a  really bad boy.

My search continues far and wide..................



I have always fancied a pirate..
Yes I do like a pirate, but somehow he is not for me( I fear I am too old for his malarkey!


What about a King, perhaps that would sum up his complete dominance....

Um, perhaps not that King John :(

I know  I could try a cowboy:
This one is for Sunny, I did have a picture of this masterful chap spanking Maureen O'Hara but since the computer has come back from the shop it has some adult content control and I can't post a spanking picture. Rotten computer chap must have seen my blog and decided to play a joke on me !!

Back to my search,

 I will leave the cowboys alone. Not many about here by the seaside!


 And then I thought , when I was a small girl I learn't to read . Now , the books I learn't involved a couple of children and ever since I started to discover the world of fiction I think I have always been searching for my very own partner. 

Have you guessed? ( I imagine you stand more chance of guessing if you too learn't to read in England with these very same books. Yep, here he is, my very own partner in  all things:





As a tiny girl I always wanted to meet my opposite number. As an older girl I have realised that my wonderful husband of over thirty years has a bit of all of these famous John's.

 Okay, he will never be president, even though he leads this household.

 He serenades me in other ways than Johnny cash  ;)

Maybe he will never be a gangster, but I don't fancy a life of crime.


A pirate? well I would sail the seven seas with him.


He is my king, and he treats me as his queen.


A cowboy, well he does have a leather belt..... lol


He is my everything, my  John .

  Now all I have to do is remember what I have called him .    


I hope you all have a lovely weekend, 

lots of love Jan.xxxx                                           

P.S. Sorry about the colour changes ,blogger is not helping me.


31 comments:

  1. Great naming ceremony for your John - love it and yes, I learnt to read with Janet and John :)
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, they were much better than the books my kids learnt to read with!!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finding the right name for your hubby! It's hard! (I still haven't found one that fits for mine)
    I hope that you can outwit your 'parental' controls that your computer guy so thoughtfully (not) installed for you! Maybe Willie can help?
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, it was so hard , we both giggled and laughed for ages coming up with daft alternatives. I picked John, he did say it was a bit boring but I love him anyway :))
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  3. Good name Jan! Hello John! I'm sure you will get your settings sorted out...stinker computer guy. ;)

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I am going to ask my techie son, but it will have to be in a generic way!!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  4. I knew John Wayne had to be one of the Johns! Glad you settled on your name for him :) love sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to put him in didn't I? , There are so many to choose from
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  5. Hi John....love the name choice.....and your thought process.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says HI, I forgot to put in the astronaut John Glen, I think he would have liked to have been that one!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  6. I sort of feel like saying... "Congratulations...it's a boy!" :) Very cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey John, nice to have a real name for you. You have a good selection of John here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, there are millions to choose from, this post took me ages not like when I just blurt it all out in a temper!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  8. Oh my Nana had some Janet and John books. :)

    I think it's perfect. Hi John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um Susie, Are you implying I am as old as your Nana????. Oh my god I really hope I am not .I had a birthday this week , you just had to rub in that 54 didn't you? Good job I love ya
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  9. So, hmmm, Jan? Have you been reading Terry Wogan? LOL! Some of those stories.... oh boy!

    I think Janet and John is perfect for the both of you!

    (Sorry, having a giggling fit!)

    Love you really, honey! Say hello to "John" for me.

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL - a much better version of Janet and John!

      Delete
    2. Actually I have never read any of terry Wogan's version! I lead a very sheltered life.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  10. Yes remembering is the hardest part. For some reason, Roy come and visits sometimes. Thank you for thinking of me.

    Welcome John, glad you finally received a name. (PS you know what John's also do?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Jan and what a lovely selection of John's :) Janet and John ... love it!

    Hi John and welcome :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, he says hello back, there are lots to choose from.
      hope you and Rick are doing well
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  12. Lovely!!! :-) Nice to meet you, John! :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Terps, john says hello to you too. love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great post and a great name! As I read along I kept waiting for John Wayne..lol...he was a given.

    Welcome to blog land, John :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stormy, I know,I put him in for Stormy, her and her penchant for cowboys!!
      I hope you and the ogre are okay, I read your last post, what a bad day. my John is hopeless at lecturing but after reading that maybe I am the lucky one
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  15. yes as kiddies we read them and it helped us to read..

    ReplyDelete