Thursday, 12 December 2013

Christmas versus Submission!

Hello everyone,

 I hope you are all well and happy. Now I am sure that many people have written about this very subject but here is my take on it.
Christmas versus Submission!

Christmas is a joyous time ( when it flipping gets here that is!), maybe like this
Okay not like that, I just liked the picture,

perhaps these though
and definitely one of these

Yes, all the good bits, well I could have shown vast amounts of food and alcohol,  family celebrations, snow ( if that's where you live and love), lots of joy all around. A few carols and a little (or lot) of Religon thrown in for good measure.

BUT   How the bleeping h*** do we get to the above scenarios in a gentle submissive way. 


HOW does anybody remain all yes sir, no sir when at Christmas WE have to take charge in order for the joyful bits to happen.?


It seems to me that for the majority of men, Christmas just happens miraculously  ( and I actually think that the real miracle was supposed to be something entirely different).

Most men go to work each day  whilst many wives are quietly, or maybe even loudly getting the Christmas preparations done. We make decisions at this time of year that maybe at other times we would defer to our men or at least lead them to think we were ( oops did I say that out loud, how unsubmissive of me, good job he doesn't read this blog).

Well I don't think we are not being disobedient but we simply do not have time  at the moment to ask.
Submission flies out of the window when you are looking after small children, Christmas shopping, (has anyone asked for a budget or have we all just done as we liked .
 How many of us have thought just for a fleeting minute,

" I don't care how much  I am spending  it's Christmas"

By the way how many presents do we have to buy?, bleeping loads that's how many and tell me again how many does the average husband buy?   

 ONE  !!!!  


How much food does that same man rush out to purchase to feed the world and his wife. Umm...


NONE!!!!


(Maybe he does the booze run if you plead inability to carry it, and he fancies a drink over Christmas).


Also can husbands not write ???? Can I just say Christmas cards!! Mine writes


                                                                        ONE.!!

Relatives coming to stay? What fun, no extra work in that is there?

Also I HATE dislike wrapping , I am hopeless at it, truly hopeless.

Christmas is taking over women's lives everywhere. I am a fairly very organised person but it is nearly beating me this year and my kids are grown up, returning like little homing pigeons  for a few days.


We have all spent how ever long since we started ttwd learning to let go, giving him more dominance, submitting to his wishes and I fear that this is flying out the window. 

Have we got time for this lark, there are simply too many decisions to be made, too much to do and really is anyone's husband going to micromanage help us out?


Isn't it hard to switch from being Superwoman  to little Miss Jolly and Submissive when he walks in the door? 

What happens when we are tired and snappy after yet another day of the endless run up, I'll tell you what

and from there it is only a hop and a skip to


Hm,  maybe that is what I need , how about you?


Actually my preferences aside, I think it is jolly unfair that lots of these are going to be doled out when we are doing our best to make Christmas fabulous for our families. I can't see many of us getting away unscathed between now and Christmas Day. 

Maybe December should be declared a submission free month, just a thought.............................



In all honesty in our home, while it is true he only does go shopping for my pressie and he doesn't think to write a Christmas card my John has actually done pretty much everything else with or for me. This is more a general rant than an I blame my husband moan. 

Life is pretty good here,we are all set for a family Christmas. I had my scan today and get the results in a week or two. Thanks to all of you who sent me messages, I thought of you when I was laying on that bed today.Love Ya,

Hope you all have a good weekend, may it be spank free or not as you so wish.


love Jan,xx


P.S. Finally I haven't have got how to do the crossing out thing. lol


17 comments:

  1. Jan

    I can SO much very relate to this post! Can't Christmas just hurry along and
    be done with???

    I definitely have done the don't ask how much I can spend... Or maybe I did ask and then I ignored that amount... and maybe I did tell on myself and promise to be better... only to spend a tad bit more. Don't shake your head!!! lol

    Ugh... I wish I did drink alcohol sometimes but I don't so where shall I turn to humor myself? lol Oh, I could come here I suppose. Let's skip around together and sing whilst wearing our aprons. Sounds fun to me!

    Anyway... I shall be glad when it's all done and we can get back to some sort of normal. Until then, I am off to shop! hahaha!!!

    Love you bunches
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, bless you,no alcohol. Now i don't pour it down my throat all day long but I have just had a martini and lemonade, I do find myself plodding on a bit more calmly lol, Bring on the shopping I say.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry Jan - we do quite a bit our our Christmas shopping together, and Dan surprised the socks off me today when he told me to go and do a bit of shopping in the farm shop while he took care of the purchase of the Christmas tree, and when I had finished he'd not only bought a good big tree, but one for our daughter as well!

    Last year in the build up to Christmas I had a mega meltdown. This year, due to regular "top-ups" I am feeling quite reasonable all things considered. Just got told about making a Sloe Gin Fizz and that everyone is calling it a Slow Orgasm! I don't know...

    I hope you are keeping positive - I am still sending positive thoughts and saying little prayers for you!

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, Can I just say SMUG! Actually I wasn't really writing about us, except the xmas cards. We have done most of it together. I have been too dodgy to cope alone this year. I am okay with the cancer thing, I am sure they are just trying to scare me!!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  3. Okay, I applauded all the way through your rant! I've come to the conclusion that holidays aren't nearly as much fun as they sound like from a distance, lol. I think for the month of December we all might need to just throw ourselves over our husband's knees every morning and before bed to find anything resembling submission. Good luck and still praying for the best possible outcome on the scans, Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara, it's jolly hard work isn't it? both getting ready for Christmas and being all sweet and jolly whilst we are doing it. A spanking every morning sounds just the thing to me ;)
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  4. It's a very fine line and balancing act Jan...I could probably write a book of my triumphs and failures over the years but the best advice I can give is to treat your Christmas tasks as your job...that's where you're the boss but where they impact husband...that's where you find your submission.

    Sending lots of positive energy your way. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, very good advice my friend . It's just following it that is the hard bit!
      Hope you are well and happy
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Of course you are being submissive! You are taking the burden off your sweet husband. Now you need to relieve him of one more - he won't have to worry about being HOH throughout December. Your gift to him will me to get everything done smoothly and you promise to be an angel while you're doing it. Assure him so thoroughly that he won't even be paying attention to you (you can do what ever you like - maybe even a small private liquor run of your own.) Whatever happens have a merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, you are absolutely right and I have just assured John of my angelic status. He however has stocked up the martini, maybe he has noticed my some time desperation!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  6. I remember last year how many posts came out about the Submissive/ttwd meltdown that happened. Our house included! Christmas is just a joint time when this phenomenon appears, but lets face it, any major family function, vacation, family car trip, move, etc...it seems to happen too!

    Barney has assured me this is NOT going to happen this year. Is that something else to worry about? Eeek? Or is he actually going to do it? LOL.

    Happy that your John understands you need the help this year. I wish I knew where I left my Christmas spirit this year!

    Good luck with your prep!
    love
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willie, bless, at least Barney is "helping" in his own way. Go look in the drinks cabinet, that is where my Christmas spirit is, maybe yours is too, I will happily share mine if you can't find it
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  7. love the holiday look! :-) I know Christmas is just around the corner...yet I am not ready for it...though I am not really stressed either - what is up with that? :-) I have a few events that once complete then I think I can turn on the Christmas cheer, sing some carols while baking with the kids and decorate just in time for the holidays... Still sending healing positive thoughts your way...do let us know how the results are... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps , I a all set really. Our youngest son has a new girlfriend and she has a little baby. Our son is so happy,he loves them both and I am reckoning grandmahood is just around the corner. yay!! I am so lucky,
      still no results, no news is good news so they say
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  8. LOL Jan, I am going the low maintenance route this year. We have a tiny little tree with tiny little ornaments. I'll see if I get around to anything else.

    So it is a problem that I'm not thinking about how much I'm spending? Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susie, just don't tell him about the shopping and all will be well lol
      love Jan.xx

      Delete