Wednesday, 22 January 2014

My First Attempt at Fiction!!


The Poppy.

Oh my gosh I had done it. I came out of the tattoo parlour feeling both elated and scared. There it was just peaking out of the top of my scoop-necked T shirt. A bright red poppy. I knew as soon as I saw the design it was the one for me, my name you see is Poppy. Although I hadn't actually chosen the name for myself, I had doting parents who named all three of their girls after various flowers, I loved my name and the flower associated with it. Still I am drifting from the story...

Now I have been happily married for over twenty five years and over the last year, ( after a certain famous novel had been published), and in the hopes of injecting a bit of spice into our long married sex lives, we had been experimenting just a bit. Nothing earth shattering, we are not the sex,drugs and rock and roll type, but a bit of spanking, a bit of role play and a bit of bondage all seem to have entered our lives with a fair amount of ease.

One thing Alex (that's my game for it all husband) absolutely hates is tattoos. I have never been keen myself really, maybe middle age has affected me more than a little, who knows, there are more mysteries in life than a few.

One thing I did know as I walked out of that shop was that Alex was not going to like my dear little poppy, no sir, not one little bit. This is where I had to face things, I knew he wouldn't like it, yet I had still gone ahead and done it.so why?

Deep inside myself I knew exactly why I had a bright red poppy nuzzling against my left breast. I wanted to find out what he would do. Oh gosh, it sounds so awful when I come right out and say it. What a bad girl I was. So far all our spankings have been of the playful, erotic sort and I had begun to wonder what sort of spanking Alex would dole out to a naughty wife rather than a playful one. So there I had been planning how to get in trouble when basically I am a pretty average please my husband sort of girl.

 I couldn't simply march in and say

"Look what I have had done, what are you going to do about it?"

No , I needed a plan. Next shop, the supermarket, whereupon I bought all the ingredients for his favourite meal, a yummy dessert and an extra special bottle of wine. All set, I returned home to prepare for the evening ahead.

By the time Alex returned from work, the meal was ready, the table set (and very romantically if I say so myself), candles were lit and I was wearing a dress I knew he liked.

"Hi baby, are we celebrating, have I forgotten anything?"

"No,no, just thought we would have a cosy night in" I could feel myself blushing and inside my tummy a few butterflies were having themselves a jolly party.

He knows me so well this man of mine,

" Come on Poppy, what have you done, speeding ticket, overspent? I know there is something you are not telling me"

Never in a million years would he guess and by now I was desperate to keep my mouth shut so I started dishing up dinner, realizing that maybe I was in over my head with this whole adventure. I wanted to back track to this morning and think of a better idea, one with less consequences at least.

I tried to change the subject, asking him about his day, I told him I had been into town,(but not why). I started to relax a bit, the two glasses of wine I sloshed back probably helped there to be frank, and then my guard slipped. As I went to take my darling his dessert ,he pulled me onto his lap. "Let's share" he said, "lifting his spoon to my mouth.

Of course the inevitable happened and as I leaned towards him he glanced down and hey presto, out popped my poppy!!!

" Is that what I think it is? " he said stony faced, pulling me up to stand in front of him. 

" That's what this evening has been about, buttering me up before I saw that that... that tattoo. Why would you think that was an acceptable thing to do, and at your age too?"

Now I am not vain about my age but that stung just a bit. So I lapsed into sullen silence, still standing in front of him. I could feel myself pouting, how old did he think I was? If I want a tattoo I would damn well have one!!

He glared at me for a full minute  and then said the words I THOUGHT I had wished for....

"Well guess what Missy, you know all those lovely turn you on spankings you have been getting lately, well you are about to get a not so lovely spanking to compare them with."

With that I was tipped over his lap before I could even squeak and he flipped my dress up and yanked my knickers down in a flash. " I cannot believe you would do such a thing, and without asking me too", "How could you mark your lovely breasts like that" . The lecture went on and on all the time he was spanking my behind so hard I couldn't catch my breath. First one cheek then the other, then lower on my sit spots. I was wriggling and squirming so much he hooked one of his legs over mine to keep me in place. How embarrassing to be held in place like that, and how humiliating to be lectured like a five year old. Why had I wanted this goodness knows. I started to whimper and then outright cry.

Pausing for breath, or to rest his hand he said," I know you have always wanted to see what a real spanking was like but for god's sake did you have to go this far. I hope after this you won't do anything so stupid ever again". Each word of his last sentence was punctuated with a really hard smack to my behind, setting me off weeping and wailing again.


"Please stop, please, you don't understand, please please...... I'm sorry, sorry.." was pretty much all I could get out.

When he finally stopped, I lay limply over his knee, crying softly as he gently rubbed my back. After a few minutes ( or hours, I had no idea of anything at this point) he said " Your bottom is the exact red of that poppy, how appropriate, seems like a fitting punishment to me, what do you think? Going to do anything like that again?  Going to be a bad girl again, testing me like that?"


"No, I am so sorry, I promise not to do anything so stupid again, truly, honestly. Please can I have a cuddle , have you forgiven me?"

"Of course I have, that's the whole point of a proper spanking isn't it? Wipe the slate clean so to speak. Do you honestly think I don't know how you have been feeling darling girl. We have had enough conversations about ttwd for me to understand your needs by now. If you wanted a spanking that badly you could have just told me . You didn't have to go to these lengths" He pulled me up to sit on his lap, ( and it jolly hurt too, but I wasn't going anywhere else), I decided I much preferred this part of the spanking, the make it all better bit. I did love how close we were, I could have stayed there all night.

" It's bedtime", Alex said, both firmly and tenderly. I can't wait to make love to you with your poppy red posterior. It might have been punishment for you but we both need a bit of loving I think. 
Go and get ready, I will be up in a minute, I'd like you naked and waiting for me if you feel like being on your best behaviour now" he winked as he said this last and then very calmly said,


"By the way, on your way to bed, stop off in the bathroom and wash off that very temporary tattoo, there's a good girl. It had better not be there when I get up those stairs.


I stood , speechless, just staring at him......

"How did you.., when did...why did you spank me so hard if you already knew it was fake?"

"Oh Poppy, I knew within the first thirty seconds, I knew because you would never do anything you were sure I would hate and I spanked you for a few reasons. Firstly, because you tried to deceive me, secondly you wanted me too and lastly I think we  are moving this new lifestyle up a gear and as from now on you better watch yourself my girl.  Now get moving because if you argue as I can see you are about to, then when we go upstairs I will be getting out that lovely leather paddle you bought me for my birthday, and I would say your behind is a bit tender already!!!"


I went, via the bathroom as ordered, and on my way I hid that leather paddle, just in case.
 I had learned my lesson tonight, be careful what you wish for and never try and deceive the man who knows you better than you know yourself.



Love Jan. xxxx

P.S. I don't really hate tattoos, in fact I am quite jealous of some and I hope I have not offended anyone. Hope you all enjoyed my first, and probably only foray into the literary world.

44 comments:

  1. Jan, that was such fun! I hope you come up with more.

    Love, Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I doubt it really, I had fun writing it though
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. I liked it; and it had a little twist at the end too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, nice to see you back, thanks for that
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  3. That was great! I hope you write more. Next girls' weekend I'm coming home with a fake tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah, I have been thinking about getting a fake one too, I would definitely get spanked!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  4. Nice twist! Yah, my husband would know it was fake, too. So much so that I can't even try to fake him out....

    Beth Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yes, mine would know instantly, maybe he would go along with it for a bit though. I better not let him read my story!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  5. Gosh I love this! Now you better write more for all of us!! Come on join the ranks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, I don't really think my actual grammar and stuff is really up to the mark but thanks a lot, I had fun
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  6. Jan,
    I love your first short story and you have inspired me to write one of my own. I like Leah's comment......... Girls' Week-end trick! I do not know whether I have the courage. Jack would paddle me this the cows come home.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, I can just imagine fake tattoos all over blogland!!! I would be too scared to get the real thing done though. Get writing, there are lots of brilliant writers in our little corner of the world so I was a bit worried about posting mine
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  7. This better not be your last foray into the literary world! I love this story and I think you've done a wonderful job with it. I do want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pk, I actually wanted to send it to you for Fantasy Friday but I didn't know how!! I thought poor Willie would have had to help me again !! Also sending it to a real writer seemed awfully cheeky
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
    2. You need a spanking! I'm an old math teacher with good old Cassie whispering in my ear (I don't feel like a writer, just a wannabe.) Now if you don't send me a Fantasy Friday sometime in the future my feelings will be hurt - will that get you writing again?

      Delete
  8. That was wonderful...and I saw myself in Poppy too. How I love the idea of being known so well...Hope you write again! petals x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petals MJ, That is the one true thing in the story, my better half does know me that well. A double edged sword if ever there was one! Thanks for reading.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  9. It was a great story Jan and I hope you will write again. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, Thanks for that, not quite in your league though!! I love your stories, am looking forward to the new book
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  10. Very cute story Jan! Hope you share more soon. ;)

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, Thanks for saying that. I don't have any idea how to write really, it just came tumbling out ! The trouble is I read so many spanking stories I have difficulty thinking of an original story. lol
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  11. That was a wonderful and sweet story Jan. Congrats on your first attempt and fiction and well done! I definitely hope you write more!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, thank you very much, I was worried enough about posting this one! Much more than a normal post. I hope your return to work has gone ok, hug to your poorly cat
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  12. Great story and a lovely twist - Poppy is somebody to watch out for - you should write some more, definitely!

    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, thanks for such nice comments, I hope things are picking up for you two now.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  13. Jan,

    Wonderful job. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Now you've done one, we want more please, really.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, thanks a lot. I maybe will have another go
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  14. Reading this was a great way to start my day...love the name and the matching tattoo. Hope we hear more about Poppy and her 'adventures'. Hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, Writing it was a great end to my day!!! It was only planned as a one off attempt really. Thanks for your comment
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  15. Oh I loved it Jan! You should definitely keep writing. Very fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, How are you? I do miss your posts. You were after all the catalyst for my blogging.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  16. Jan, that was a fantaastic story! You really have the knack for fiction.

    My husband would hate it if I got a tattoo; I was relieved to find out that Poppy's washed off.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hermione, you are very sweet. My hubby would go mad if I came home with a tattoo, I couldn't have left Poppy's on permanently!
      love Jan..

      Delete
  17. Oh, so fun! A lovely story. I do hope you consider writing fiction more even if for the mere pleasure of it. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, it was fun, my husband read it this morning, he laughed, can't try that trick on him now!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  18. Good job, Jan. I love that you named your character, Poppy, and worked that into the basis for your story and her misbehavior. Adding detail she has two sisters who also were given flower names was a nice touch.

    I saw your comment questioning your grammar skills. If you want to keep writing, don't let worries your grammar isn't 100% perfect deter you. That is what editors are for (she wrote with a hanging preposition or participle or whatever that "for" is for ;-) ).

    Readers want good stories. If you have more just waiting to be told, let them out of your creative mind where others can enjoy them. I'm sure you can find somebody who would jump at the chance to proofread to ease your worries, just for the pleasure of being the first to read your work.

    Hugs to you for having the courage to share your first story with us. Maybe we will be able to say, some day in your future as a successful author, "I knew her when..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irishey, Thanks for such great comments, maybe I will have another go sometime soon,
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  19. Jan! You have been hiding your light under a bushel! Terrific story! I have to admit that we had the biggest argument in our lives over me wanting a small tattoo, and so I have never dared. But I love henna tattoos. You will have to write more stories about Rose!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, I have never even had a henna tattoo, he would hate it!! Gosh I bet Dan is like my other half, my life would not be worth living if I came home with a real one! I don't know if I could write another story, I think it was a one off
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  20. Well dang it I know I left a comment. Grr blogger!!! Anyway, this was so cute! I tried to trick SM that way one time but he knows me too well and I would never get a tattoo. I don't like the idea of the pain!!! I know, I am a wimp! hahha Great job on your first story!

    love
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sara, Blogger is being a pain for all of us I think. :(
    I couldn't stand the pain either, I am a wuss
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved this story. Like, Sara, I lost a lot of blogs, but mine was a few months ago. Slowly finding them all again, and when I saw you posting on another blog I read, I was so happy to find you! :)

    This story is so cute, and I'm so glad the tattoo wasn't permanent, even in fiction! :)

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EsMay, me too , I always feel grubby with nail polish on my fingers , god knows what I would do with a tattoo!!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete