Friday, 7 February 2014

Reviewing my Prize :)

Shouting out my opinion!!





Just recently I was lucky enough to win a copy of P K Corey's latest book "Cassie's Tale" . Thank you Nick for picking me out of the hat, I love reading and so am a very happy girl when a new book pops my way.

I am sure all of my readers have read  Cassie's blog but I decided to put my opinion out there too.

It is, I think, hard to review a book or story written by someone you consider a friend, Am I biased before I start reading? What happens if I don't like it? PK didn't ask me to review it but I just wanted to.


 Why?


Because....................


 I LOVED IT.


I have now read both of the books. They tell the story of a middle aged couple, Cassie, a former ( I use the term former  rather recklessly as she appears to be able to keep up with anyone you could mention) wild child and her gorgeous, HoH husband Tom. He is the old fashioned sort of chap who knows his best bet to keeping Cassie in line is with his spanking  hand!!   Throughout both books we read of Cassie's adventures with a group of girlfriends and their husbands. And what adventures Cassie and her pals come up with, arrests, speeding, drinking, gambling ( definitely one of the funniest tales for me) to name but a few.

I love PK's writing style, she brings all the characters in the books to life and even though you know Cassie is walking and talking herself into trouble you can't help but love her. And  I am sure that all of us spanked wives ( or want to be spanked wives) can appreciate Tom, if not perhaps his hairbrush!!

There are times that the author's writing  just makes you laugh, the spankings are hot and the adventures varied. How can one woman get into so much trouble?

I am a sucker for romance, spanking and a bit of mischief. Throw in a handsome spanker and a naughty girl. This book has it all. 

Some of Cassie's adventures are just the sort of thing we would all like to get up to. I for one am not brave enough so will have to live vicariously through Cassie.  I am looking forward to the next one.  

I recommend this gentle spanking book to all of you,  Enjoy :)



Love Jan.xx






16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Jan..."How can one woman get into so much trouble?" you ask? Easy when she's Cassie. LOL

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I think there are a few women in Blogland for PK to pinch naughty ideas from, not us of course!
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reviewing these Jan!! :) I've been reading a whole lot lately and loved the first Cassie one! I have the second one now to read and can't wait!!!! I have a whole bunch of reviews to write about in the near future. Such wonderful authors around the land!!! How lucky we are! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, we are so lucky to know all these lovely authors aren't we?
      love jan.xx

      Delete
  3. Jan, I don't know how to thank you. Just the idea that someone really likes my stories the the most wonderful feeling in the world. Cat, Katie - I appreciate what you've said too. I'm still writing, I hope you'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, We are very glad that you are still writing, we will always be reading. Thank you
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  4. Jan,

    Lovely review. Thank you. I haven't started Cassie's Tale yet. I've loved Cassie, Tom and friends from the moment I found them.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, It bis just as good as the first one. Hope you and P have a good weekend, we are off to a country pub, log fire etc just like you the other weekend. Hubby has a very rare Sunday off.
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful review, Jan. I think of Cassie as an old blog friend, and now she has books written about her. ;-) PK's writing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irishey, cassie's blog is great and so we already feel we know her when we dive into the books, I love PK's tales too
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  6. I'm in the middle of Cassie's Tale and am definitely enjoying it. Both Tom and Cassie are people I'd want to know in real life (though Tom should get over his issues with sex shops). It's fun to read a book written by someone you "know".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah, Yes he should! The scooter bit was so funny too. I love telling people I know some authors now. Just have to remember not to say who to my vanilla friends lol
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Jan, I'm sorry I am late to this. Wonderful review. I absolutely love Cassie and Tom :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, you are welcome any time. I love them too
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  8. I love Tom and Cassie too. They remind me of that expression...a life well-lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste, welcome to my world. I love your books too, :)
      love Jan.xx

      Delete