Monday, 14 July 2014

This and That!

Hello everyone,

Nothing particular to write about so this is a disjointed ramble just because I felt like it..

Firstly we have just taken a little trip to our capital city. We went to visit our son and his wife. Now these two live a very different life to us ( I don't think they spank either!). He has a fancy job, fancy wages , you know what I mean.
He decided he was going to show us a couple of the places he visits regularly as part of his job. First off we went to the Shard for drinks


Thirty two floors up,what a view. This view however comes at a cost. Over fifty pounds for four drinks!! 

Onwards to the Oxo Tower for dinner:


What fabulous time we had, very spoilt we were, we ate in the Brasserie looking out over the Thames


A stroll along the South Bank, Pimms by the Thames, lots of laughter and love.

All in all, the weekend was lovely and we returned home with our batteries recharged.


The next part of my post is about our new D. Yes I know there are four Ds in ttwd but we have added a fifth!! It was my idea and I am sure I will live to regret it. I feel that I need to lose weight so Diet has become our new D. I am keeping a food diary every day and John checks it and writes little comments in after work. The theory is  that if I eat the wrong thing I get spanked for it. Now bearing in mind most of our spankings end up in laughter this is probably not going to work but who knows.
 I have lost five pounds so far ( it has only been a couple of weeks ) and have earned a couple of spankings so far. Both of which did end in the giggles ( mind you I have got  sore rear today and don't think I will be reaching for those biscuits in a hurry).

John is having great fun deciding how many swats each thing is worth! He has got a list in his head of things I can't have  and what it's worth to my bottom to risk it... So ladies. 


How many swats is one of these worth?

 John says ten if it has chocolate on it and five if it hasn't.  lol. Mind you when I am in the mood I don't stop at one. Gosh who am I kidding I NEVER stop at one. :(
Wish me luck, I could do with losing another 14 pounds really.


On a completely different tack  I thought I would give you all a little giggle. Now I have to say I don't find this funny but I am 100% certain you all will. This morning hubby was administering  the swats I accumulated over the weekend whilst foraging into the biscuit tin and the fridge and I was wiggling, squirming and ( this is the important bit) squealing and "ow"ing.  Got the picture? Well  after I had paid for my sins and then had a bit of comfort(ahem) we resumed normal day time activities.


On opening the back door we discovered to our horror ( well my horror , he laughed) that my dad had paid us a visit and left some things for us. Now this door is literally just under our bedroom and there is absolutely no way he could have missed  hearing us. He lives nearby and often drops off books and magazines that I swap with my stepmum on his way out on Mondays. Sometimes we see him but more often than not he is expecting us to be out and I catch up with him later in the week.  

I suppose you are all ROFLYBO, well enjoy it my friends and spare me a thought when I visit him next. Anyone else been caught like that?


  Hope you are all well and happy. It has been a rough week in Blogland and I send everyone it has affected much sympathy.

lots of love Jan.
xxxxx

30 comments:

  1. Jan,
    I think of you often. I enjoyed your post. The way your son treats you to city goodies is wonderful. The new "D" is great and it will work, but you must hold still. The overheard spanking is so much fun to imagine ...... from this side of the pond. You do sound like you are enjoying yourself once again. Go have a biscuit and enjoy the aftermath.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, So far so good with the new D. My poor dad! It doesn't bear thinking about
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely rambling post, one of my favorite kinds. I like the way your son treats you, though I really wouldn't want to live that way for more than a short visit. I shudder at your last D. I've tried, we've tried - I planned to get hold of it this summer then I hurt my leg and exercise has gone down the drain. I'm pulling for you though.

    About getting over heard, how terrible (giggle, giggle). Tell me which would have been worse your father or your son overhearing - just food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, yes we are lucky to visit. I couldn't live like them though. I hope your leg is getting better now. I am not a great exerciser though so the weight is having to come off by diet!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  3. Jan, you are a card! We tried the diet versus the spanks, and I found I enjoyed the spanks so much I ate extra biscuits! LOL Seriously, it is a good idea if you can make it work for you, and I am already jealous of the weight you have lost. I can't seem to lose a single ounce.

    Like you I like London in small doses. Very small. I am always completely exhausted when we get home. Visiting one thing per visit is enough for me. Usually it is Marks and Spencers, Marble Arch!

    Do not even go there (with the noise factor)! I was happily shrieking away the other morning not realising our side bedroom window was wide open and the man who keeps his horses in one of our meadows was sauntering by having just checked on them. Heaven only knows what he thought. I shall now have to try to avoid him wherever possible.

    Thanks for sharing, Jan.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, I think the diet thing is a last ditch attempt to get some weight off, I am really trying (very, he says). Good luck with facing your neighbour, I am not keen on going to my dad's at the minute!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  4. I love this post...a little bit of everything. Sounds like a fabulous weekend. As for the diet thing...Master has helped me lose over 50 pounds....but the diet spankings do no end in giggles....so lucky you. Good luck! As for your dad... i am betting you gave him a giggle....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, that is an amazing weightloss, Congratulations on that.
      I think my dad would laugh...
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  5. All I can say is that I hope your dad is hard of hearing. Sounds like things are going well. Your weekend with your son sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, he has lots of things wrong with him but bad hearing isn't one of them :(
      That's life I suppose
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  6. This was pretty funny Jan from my perspective of course. I just love how you and John seem to have "fun" on your journey. It sounds like your visit with your son while may be a bit extravagant, was still beautiful, fun and full of love. As for the 5th "D" good luck with that one. It sounds as though it will be keeping John entertained figuring out how many swats to give for each forbidden item, and it will keep you guessing as to what to expect. Enjoy this new weight loss plan.. maybe that should go on TV as the next newly discovered wt loss program!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annabelle, I knew it would amuse you all, gosh the embarrassment of it :(
      I certainly won't be telling my real life friends about my husbands motivational techniques!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  7. Hey Jan...I love these 'this n that' posts with glimpes into my friends lives.

    What a lovely treat from your son...once in a while is fun but wouldn't want to love that way for very long.

    I watch what I eat and exercise (some) and can't lose a darn pound! Not sure spanking would work for me and very happy I don't have to try. :)

    ROFLMBO regarding your dad possibly overhearing you. Hopefully, he either didn't hear anything or just thought you were having enthusiastic sex. ;)

    Thanks for the giggles...Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, It was a great treat for us , hard to imagine that he lives like that all the time, I would be exhausted.
      I think sometimes we can't change our body shape no matter what, still I will keep on trying.
      My dad was probably thinking I was being battered, bless him. I am not looking forward to my visit this week.lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  8. Jan,

    Trip to the big city sounds great and lovely your son treating you and yes so expensive. We were there a couple of weeks ago.

    I really did laugh (sorry) at the possibility of your dad hearing you. Let hope he didn't.

    The cane works with dieting:)

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you are naughty. I told hubby what you said and he said " what a useful piece of advice, I will remember that one". How kind of you lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  9. I loved reading your ramblings Jan :) those are the best posts. Glad you had such a wonderful time with you son and daughter in law. What a lovely treat:)

    Good on you with the diet and congratulations on the weight loss. I would probably take the bikkies, regardless of the number of swats lol. Oh boy, I can imagine your horror when you duscovered your Dad had been! LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I ramble a lot, actually I am surprised he doesn't spank me for annoying him with my nattering on ;) I am missing biscuits with my coffee more than anything, poor dad,lol
      I hope you and Rick are okay,
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  10. I am so jealous of your weight loss and the method to motivate you!! Lol.
    Often my Scotsman and I end up laughing even if I have a sore bum!
    Love how happy you sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Minelle, Yes things are looking up, I have come to terms with work and am looking forward to retirement. We will be poorer but together more . Did you see what Ronnie suggested? I thought she was my friend!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fantastic trip, glad to see you had a great time with family and each other. Good luck with your weight loss goals, you can do it!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennelle, It was great being with them as we don't see them very often. I think losing weight is always going to be a battle here
      love Jan.xx

      Delete
  13. It sounds like you have a lovely trip!

    The new D sounds challenging! I've been working on losing some weight too, but I don't think I'll be sharing this idea with Michael anytime soon! He'd take much to much pleasure in it I'm afraid! lol

    And your dad...oh dear...good luck with that! Is he hard of hearing at least?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, I think my better half is enjoying it too! And no my dad has many things wrong with him but hearing loss isn't one of them more's the pity
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  14. I'd DIE if my dad heard such a thing! Actually he'd probably punch the ogre in the face or something crazy. He's very protective of his little girl lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stormy, how are you? Haven't heard from you in ages. Have you blogged and I can't see it? If that's the case I would like to. My dad has rung me up and asked me if I was alright! I guess he did hear and somehow I am going to have to explain. :(
      Love Jan,xx

      Delete
  15. Hi Jan, :). Sounds like a lovely time with your son!! And Pimms too. Ami taught me about those. And Rob can now make a good one. Lol. He hasn't since last summer. Maybe I'll pester him.

    Your new D sounds like a good one. Great on the loss and sounds like your hubby is helping you and you are having fun too! Nice!

    Oh gosh I had a laugh at your dad having come by. And I thought the same thing as Grace about his hearing. You say he's not. Oops! And yikes!! Well maybe he was in and out between spanks. Lol. I'm pretty sure the inhabitants of this house have some ideas of what goes on around here at times. UGH! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, Yes it was lovely, even if it did cost him a fortune!
      I have lost 6 and a half pounds now , yay I am a happy girl about that.
      My dad has rung me this week and twice in the conversation he asked me if I was alright. Oops he definitely heard and so far I haven't said anything. I can't make myself tell him
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  16. Oh, my. I'm catching up a little around s few blogs... just read your comment about dad ringing to see if you are okay. Yikes. How to explain, without explaining all? I can't even imagine trying to explain to my dad that I know people who get spanked because they want this dynamic. He would think I'd lost my mind. He would think you all had lost yours. Sometimes, I think all of us are a bit nuts, but at least that part Is correct. Lol!

    So cool, your visit with your son and dil. I've always wanted to visit the places my great-grandparents emigrated from - Great Britain being largely the main general area.

    Ten swats for chocolate covered? That is convoluted and very NOT fair. Chocolate has health benefits. If you get 5 for one biscuit, having healthful chocolate should negate the 5, not add another 5! (This only applies to dark chocolate, not milk chocolate.) Lol!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irishey, they were milk chocolate anyway so I would still lose even with your system. So far it's working though. I have to be honest and say as far as my body goes there are no health benefits to chocolate in any form. I am avoiding it and bread like the plague as they are always my downfall
      love Jan.xx

      Delete