Friday, 25 July 2014

Unexpected Consequences!

Hello everyone,

 Hope you are all enjoying the summer. We are having sunshine and storms. Lots of sunshine. :). Makes a nice change for us, we keep waiting for it all to disappear in a cloud.



In my last post I wrote a little bit about one of these. This is a diary and every day I am keeping one of these about what I eat ( in an insane way to lose weight as hubby has deemed there to be consequences if I eat the wrong thing :(. )



There have been a few spankings, just a few, but on the whole  so far so good. I duly write EVERYTHING that passes my lips into it and when hubby comes home from work he writes comments, issues edicts and dire threats ( on account of my biscuit consumption , they are after all my drug of choice!!). It is very hard to write it down but the one thing I wouldn't do is lie so it is truthful even if a bit unhealthy at times.


 Can you guess some of the comments in my diary?

" Uh uh uh, not a good day, may have to deal with that"

"Good girl, excellent"

" Not bad, could do better"

"Did you really need that ....."

" 30!!!"

"Good God ! is that really all you ate today?" ( that is one of my favourites, I felt so virtuous lol)

" Well done, love you""

Now all the above are there, plus a few others that maybe I don't ought to put in print ;)
I leave this here record of achievement on the kitchen worktop, in hubby's line of vision as he comes in long after I am asleep most nights. By the way as a side event to this post I will just say that I have lost



pounds so far. Okay it's not like I am suddenly skinny but hey ho it is better off than on!!

All of this would be absolutely fine , actually it is fine, but there have been very unexpected consequences of the food diary.



Our son, yes the one who lives at home, ( oh, can you guess what's coming?) was in the car with his dad the other day and casually starts by telling his dad that he and his girlfriend have adopted the same system as us!!!

 My poor husband nearly had a heart attack. Was he really about to have  dd conversation with his child? 

 Upon further conversation it appears that they have READ my diary whilst in the kitchen and she has decided to follow my lead and now reports back to said son for her own comments and consequences.

I think my other half was at first dumbstruck but on realizing that  they probably wouldn't have understood  what a  large number meant for me he did say to his son and heir

"Don't forget all the comments can't just be nice , there have to be threats and consequences too!!"

I think by now the relief that he did not have to discuss spanking with him was so great that the rest of the chat went over his head.  I did have a moment of panic when I realized that they had seen his comments,  I wonder if they know more than they are letting on. If they do I hope they don't let on, EVER !!

Needless to say the comments in my diary are still coming and the spanking word will never actually be written for fear of  discovery. 


 It's not to say I don't know when it's coming though......


I hope you are all doing well, and finding happiness along the way

love
     Jan.
xxxxxxx






22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss Jan...I would be very happy to lose 8 pounds! Keep up the great work.

    Oh my...I can just imagine the look on your husband's face when your son started speaking. ;) You'll have to let us know if you find they actually know more than you think! *giggle*

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, my poor husband, I almost wish I had been there! Hope you have a good weekend,
      love Jan

      Delete
  2. Jan, you go, girl. Whatever melts your butter.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, I suppose afterwards hubby found it funny lol.
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the 8 pounds...that is awesome, i know how hard it is to do. I keep a food diary also....and it gets read every day....and yes, there are comments...and consequences....but it has helped me lose...good luck
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, I don't think I will ever lose as much as you have, your weigh loss has been amazing
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the 8 lbs indeed. It is hard to do. Had to laugh at son's remark, can just imagine your hubby's face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, I laughed too when he told me, I bet the expression on his face was priceless!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  5. Lucky you for losing 8 pounds! I think that is wonderful!
    As for son knowing ..... Let us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, it's hard work to lose weight but so easy to put it on. How unfair is that! I really hope he doesn't know , it's bad enough that I am pretty sure my dad knows. As hubby says though, it's a free country and we can do what we like in the end
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the weight loss, Jan! And, yikes on son and girlfriend reading your food diary. Bad on them for not asking first. The cat has it correct! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irishey, thanks. It was my fault because I leave it out all the time ready to write in! As far as I know she is scribbling away too now. Mind you I haven't seen hers lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  7. Jan,

    Well done you. Congratulations on the 8 lbs.

    I'd love to have seen your hubby's face.

    Enjoy the sun.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, I can't believe this weather can you? Even in Scotland for the Commonwealth games it's glorious sunshine. I keep waiting for the clouds to come out
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the weight loss Jan, that is awesome!:)

    Eek at your son and girlfriend reading your diary! I laughed out loud at the conversation between John and your son. Too funny. Love to have seen John's face lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, hope you and Rick are doing okay. It makes me smile when I think of John's face, he was fairly mortified when he told me, though we both have had a laugh about it all
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  9. congratulations on the weight loss. it is great that you have support to help you along the way... :-) May you find continued success and fun along the way! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, I hope your bad back is a bit better. I have finished my classes now so am hoping that less dancing won't mean that the weight goes on even easier. Fingers crossed. Have a nice weekend
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  10. 8 pounds!! That is so awesome, I guess the diary is working. I love his comments, they're adorable :)

    your poor husband, I'm glad he recovered from that conversation LOL

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennelle, I just hope I can continue, some of his comments are not so adorable but those good girls melt me every time and make me want to be good. Hope you have a lovely weekend too
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  11. Many congrats on the weight loss Jan!! :) GO you!! :)

    Oh geez... I can only imagine how your husband must have looked when he first heard your son's words! And they saw your food diary? Yikes! Glad that it ended like it did. I'm sure that your husband was too. LOL! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, My son's girlfriend has lost five pounds now so it must be working for them too!! Hope you are home safe and sound now
      love Jan,xx

      Delete