Thursday, 4 December 2014

My Go at the Meme!

Hello everyone,

Thought I would have a go at this meme. I never like being left out!

1.What is your favourite kind of pie?  Mince pies at Christmas and apple and raspberry in the summer. I don't eat much pastry though so my pie eating exploits are few and far between.

2.Who is my favourite singer/band? Michael Buble, young, handsome, cute and a fabulous singer

3. Favourite fruit? Raspberries.

4. Favourite sport? Does dancing count? no, well I quite like watching multi sport events like the Olympics and of course there is always Wimbledon for the tennis.

5. Favourite colour? Pink  and Yellow.

6. Favourite accessories?  Bracelets.

7. Do you collect anything? No.

8. Do you read? ALL the time, it is one of my very favourite things to do. I love my kindle, it's never far away from me.

9. Are you sad about Michael Jackson's death? Only for his children.

10. Can you apply Mascara with your mouth closed? Yes I always do, thought this was a bit of an odd question actually!

11. Have you ever broken a bone...how many? No,  not even  a little one.

12. Do you text often? I am over twenty five so no not really.....

13. Have you ever gone to a concert? When  I was ill with cancer in my forties my son bought me tickets to a Michael Buble concert ( in his words to make sure I lived long enough to get to it!) . I loved it and have seen him a couple more times since.

14. Are you a runner? Oh good grief what a daft question . NO

15.Would you ever get a tattoo?  No because nothing would be worth a spanking of the magnitude I would get for that adventure!

16. What is the song that describes your life the most? I have absolutely no idea.

17. Have you ever been heartbroken? Yes, I think there are lots of heartbreaking happenings in this world.

18. What do you wish to accomplish before you die?  I want my kids to be settled and happy and I would like to see a grandchild :)

19. Are you afraid of death ? No, there are unfortunately times I have longed for it.

20. Are you having a good year? Yes I am a lucky girl.

21. Do you forget things easily? I am afraid I do:(

22. Are you overly truthful? Er yes , couldn't tell a lie if my life depended on it. Wouldn't try now either as  it's  a spankable offense.

23. Do you like the heat? Not in the least, mind you I don't suppose I would fancy the extreme cold some of you put up with either. England rocks with it's weather!

24. Have you ever met  a celebrity?  Seen a few in shops and a restaurant once but I wouldn't speak to them, how rude to disturb them!


Hope you are all having a good week

love Jan,xx



28 comments:

  1. Great answers Jan! Glad this has been a great year for you. Raspberries are my favorite too, and my husband asked me last night "Who is this Micheal Bubble guy?" LOL
    Have a great rest of the week!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennelle, Your husband doesn't know what he is missing. His Christmas album is played all the time round here!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  2. Great answers. Yes, we brits do complain about our weather, but we're never too hot or cold, and some years we actually get snow!
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, I think we are lucky over here too. I would love a bit of snow this year as we are going to a log cabin set in the woods for Christmas. I am so excited!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
    2. Ackkk says jackie who's been stuck inside since Monday afternoon. Missed two days of work and looking at over a foot outside the window. Tried to get out down the hill to the bus into Albany but got stuck on ice and didn't go anywhere. Even got up at 4 am to clean the snow off my car. Next house, I get a garage!!! Tired of winter and it hadn't even started yet.

      Delete
  3. LOVED your answers, Jan! :) The running one cracked me up!! I too am glad that your year has been good! Loved your tattoo answer too! Fun and I need to get busy with mine... if I can stay off the spanking bandwagon!

    How lovely that must have been, at such a tough time, when your son got you the Michael Buble concert tix! I LOL'd at your description of MB! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie
    Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You seem to have gotten extra hugs! Great! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Hi Katie, I think my boys thought that it was about time I went to a gi as they call it. They have been to hundreds!! I imagine it is a bit difficult for you to jump on the xmas bandwagon what with your dad being so poorly and you being so busy:(. Just make the most of this Christmas together
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  4. I am still scratching my head and wondering how on earth you put your mascara on without opening your mouth?!

    And I am trying my best to imagine you running - can't do it! LOL!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, I definitely do, it's easy peasy. Never occurred to me when I read the answers from other people I just assumed I opened my mouth and then when I was putting it on I realised my mouth was shut!!
      Nope, running, not a possibility here either
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  5. You and I sure do agree on the running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, life is too short to run!! Have a nice Friday;)
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  6. Loved reading your answers.....we have quite a few in common. I would love to go to a Michael Buble concert...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, He is a great entertainer, he is playing over here again soon. I think we area regular on his world tours every year now. He must like England!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  7. Love your Christmas look. Enjoyed your answers, especially the one about running. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, you not a runner either then? It's a bit of a frumpy look but I struggled to change it because I have forgotten what to do!!! I can't seem to get the blinking header picture in the right place and this was the best fit I could manage!
      love Jan,

      Delete
  8. Great answers Jan! I am so sorry you had times where you longed for death...I'm assuming those were back when you were so ill and are past now. What a lovely gift your son gave you...Michael Buble has a lovely voice. Love your running answer! *snicker* Thanks for sharing. Oh and I agree with Sunny...love your Christmas look!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I am over it now for the most part. I am playing his Christmas album non stop, everyone is sick of me! Read what I said to Sunny about the new look. I am already trying to remember how to get it back after Christmas!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  9. Some of your answers gave me quite a chuckle! I love the tattoo response!
    it cracks me up when many of us have similar answers to the meme questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, omg he says if I ever got a tattoo he would spank me every day until I had it removed!! You don't run either then lol. Does anyone voluntarily run do you think?
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  10. Loved reading your answers Jan. I love Christmas mince pies too. Your tattoo answer cracked me up too. What a wonderful gift from your son :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, Just discovered a local bakery who makes fab mince pies. Wish you were near enough to pop in for coffee and a mince pie together:)
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  11. I so loved reading your answers. Yes, I answered dance too for that question :-) And running, nope me either. :-) Do enjoy the music of Michael Buble and so sweet of your son to get you tickets to see him in concert. Thanks for sharing...I will have to get my post up soon (I don't like being left out either) LOL :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, At least on the sport question we are moving not just watching! must be healthier. Hope you have a good weekend
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  12. Jan,

    Loved your answers. Mince pies, yum. Do you make your own? Tattoo response really made me laugh.

    Have a great weekend.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, I do sometimes make my own but I love Greggs mince pies so....
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Jan, what a great Christmas background for your blog, I love that and it makes me feel more Christmassy than ever.
    I loved your answers, and from what you wrote here, you have many stories to tell, from sad to funny to heartbreaking. I am with Cat on the hard times you had and also think that your son must be awesome as he cared so much. You must have been an awesome mother for him… just saying. :)
    It is lovely that you have had such a great year and Yay! for mince pies and apple pie :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina sweetie, Both my sons are awesome and like you I never left them! They both say how much they looked forward to the school holidays where we just spent all our time together, ( mind you they both loved school) Perhaps we are just an insular family lol. I can never get the blog pics and headers in the right place so in the end I just pick one that roughly fits the space!! I must admit we are all looking forward to xmas as we are going away to a wooden lodge set in the woods. How great would it be if we got a sprinkle of snow, great but unlikely !
      love Jan,xx

      Delete