Friday, 20 February 2015

Soundproofed?


Hello everyone,



As promised I decided  to report back on the promised soundproof room that was much looked forward to on our recent jaunt. We set off with  bags packed, freedom from the oldies (sorry but we are having lots of problems here and this was a much needed break which we only achieved courtesy of my brother stepping up to the plate), and no plans other than a bolt hole and maybe a trip to the pictures ;)

This is the actual room.......                                                       and bathroom......                                                      



It was absolutely lovely, warm, beautiful, gorgeous bathroom and we even had a  little balcony (too cold to sit on but the thought was there)
We were up on the North Norfolk coast, a few minutes walk from the sea. On arrival we unpacked and had a delicious cream tea before venturing out into the wilds for a meander.
The question was,   was it soundproofed? Well on looking at the door you could quite clearly see the soundproofing sandwiched between two layers so, so far so good. 

However, there is bad news to come  for at the bottom of the door was an inch inch gap between the door and the beautifully stained wooden floorboards!! Alas our room was not quite soundproofed, both light and the occasional sound filtered in . I will say though it is probably the quietest hotel room I have ever stayed in and as we were down a corridor and the bathroom was between us and our nearest neighbour hubby decided:

"What the heck we are on holiday and we will never see these people again!" Obviously a trip back there is not in my future, lol  He never packs anything ever when we go away, just usually moans about the weight of the case and wears what I have packed. this trip however he managed a couple of items






How jolly! He finally managed to bring something and it was of no use at all!!

"I brought the crop "he said waving it in the direction of my backside, " as a nod to Christian Grey , thought it might put me in the mood for tomorrow's adventure". 

Cheeky so and so, still put us  both in the mood for something.

The next day we did indeed venture into the nearest big town and go to see that  film.

Call me shallow if you like but I really enjoyed it. I am sick of the critics saying it is not true to real life d/s, it's badly written, the characters are unbelievable, blah blah.....

Has every one forgotten it is a story , a fantasy, a made up tale to spice us up a bit! I thought there were some cheesy bits, some funny bits, some sexy bits ( I liked those ;), some spanky bits( and those). He had me at the first "good girl", I told you I was shallow and I was still there at the end.  If you went looking for true life you weren't going to find it, if you went for a bit of escapism then there it was in glorious shades of grey.....





Roll on the sequel. Btw hubby said it wasn't the worst film I have ever taken him to.  High praise , believe me. He made me laugh when he leaned over to me and said that Christian was spanking too far round near her hip! He was obviously watching Ana's posterior closely then, lol 


Whether it was the holiday or the film the sex was hot in that hotel room!! And I didn't give a hoot whether the soundproofing lived up to it's billing!!!

Today is my beloved's Birthday and over the weekend the boys and their other halves are home so we are planning a more vanilla celebration. I hope he has  a great day, I love him more than I could ever have imagined, more even  than when we first started out on our life together all those years ago..



Happy Birthday Darling, love you always.xx

Hope you are all well, 
love 
       Jan,xx

28 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! :-) Happy birthday to your darling! :-) Hope you enjoy your celebrations and glad you had a fun time together on your get away. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, thank you, It was fun to go away, just us, for a bit
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this Jan :) The room looks lovely, shame it wasn't fully soundproof. Glad you two had such a wonderful time away and that you enjoyed the movie. I agree with you, it's a fantasy and not meant to be a true reflection of D/s. John's comment about Christian's spanking technique made me laugh.

    Happy Birthday to John! Hope he has a wonderful day and that you enjoy the celebrations :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, Everything was so nice at the hotel, we were lucky to come across it. John made lots of comments like that, he definitely was paying attention,lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen it yet but I will, even if I wait for the DVD! I agree ... Fiction!
    Your time away sounds like a truly wonderful much needed break. And your sentiments toward your hubby even better. Sorry, I don't mean it badly but I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey, it's worth a look, I am sure one of the kids will but it for me when it comes out on dvd. You have younger children don't you? your time will come to have that empty nest, it doesn't seem like five minutes ago mine were littlies!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you two had a wonderful time.

    Not read the book and wont be going to see the movie but will watch it when it comes on Netflix.

    Happy Birthday to your Darling Hubby. Will you get his birthday spanking?

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, yes I will but it will have to wait till Sunday night till the house is empty. Wehave both pairs with us till then, daren't risk it!! I loved the books, lots of books I read are written poorly so I didn't find them bad, in fact I loved them. I wish I could write like that
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to your wonderful hubby! Glad the two of you had a chance for the get-away......read the book no movie yet...but i agree...it is a movie meant for entertainment, not a how-to lesson...altho it could spark some real life fantasies...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, he says thank you, I do recommend the film if you get a chance, just enjoy it for the fantasy it is
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! So glad you too got away for some alone. I'm hoping for one of those weekends very soon!! We're in the empty nest phase but getting away is always that much needed space that let's them know we can't babysit, we don't want to get together for dinner, etc...call if there is an emergency otherwise leave us alone, lol

    Happy Birthday to your hubby. Enjoy the vanilla weekend with family.

    Hugs,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara, we had our nest totally empty for a while , but son number two came back ( plus a lovely girlfriend who made hubby a fab birthday cake while we were away) to save up for a deposit. They have know got money in the bank and can't find a house!! Soon, our problem getting away is the oldies that we look after, my mum especially. Good luck with a bit of freedom
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Jan, happy birthday to John! The room and bathroom look wonderful. Sorry that it was not really soundproof, but I think your husband is right, after all you’ll never see those people again. Probably. :) I loved that your husband had a paddle and a crop with him. Neat. And you could walk along the seaside at your leisure, how wonderful! It sounds you had an absolutely awesome time! :)
    I am with you about the FSOG movie. We’ll wait for the dvd, but I also always thought that it is only fiction. Much of it would be scary in real life, but in a book or movie it is just fine for me. I am sure we’ll enjoy the movie too.
    I hope you are having a wonderful birthday with family and friends!

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina, actually we could walk by the seaside any day as we live 5 minutes drive from a lovely beach, Tilda would love to come play there in the summer. If I was nearer I would babysit so you could go see the film, no scary stuff there really.
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  8. Jan,
    So happy your time away was all you wanted it to be...............a little love nest, an attentive hubby, great implements, a sexy movie........... sweet!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith thanks so much, glad you enjoyed it too :)
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday to your lovely man. Glad you enjoyed the movie, I enjoyed it but expected more and thus was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, we always want more, we should have learn't by now shouldn't we :(
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful time, even with the less the soundproof room. Love John's critiquing the spanking technique in the film - he's become something of an expert ;-) Happy birthday to your husband. Mine had his yesterday, but no spanking as we've vanillas in the house.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, these vanillas, they get everywhere!! blinking nuisance. Happy Birthday to your beloved
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  11. Great post Jan! Glad that you got some time away together. Love that you saw the movie together, we did as well. I'm sick of all the criticisms too, I'm pretty sure anyone who read the books knew immediately, that it wasn't going to an literary masterpiece, it was just a fun read. I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed the movie. The books are usually always better anyway. Hope you're staying warm, and please wish your hubby a very happy birthday from me, I hope he has a great one!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennelle, he says thank you. We are so lucky with the weather. I don't know where you are but we have had a few snow flakes on a lof days and the rest of the winter has just been cold, but nothing like some of you. The kids have just nipped out and he pounced with his hard hand almost instantly. Mad fool!!!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday to your hubby! It sounds like you guys had fun! Sound proofing not-withstanding!
    Good news about the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, oh yes we did. I am sure you will enjoy the film too
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the review of the movie Jan...looking forward to reading everyone's opinions. What a lovely room and bath...thanks for sharing. So happy you two had such a fun evening...you know with a gap under the door, just stuff a blanket, pillow or towel along the edge...really doubt if anyone really heard much without it. LOL Happy birthday to your hubby...hope you had a lovely celebration.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I thought about blocking the gap the next day!! what a fool I am. The celebrations will continue today with the arrival of son and daughter in law.xx

      Delete
  14. Sounds like an absolutely romantic, hot time away!!! I like he idea you will never see the other guests again, so what the heck... go for it all I say!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annabelle, it was great, and yes go for it we did!!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete