Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Oops! ..The scales are up :(



Hello everyone,

The title of this post says it all.

Tuesday is weigh in day and I am sad to say that even wearing a teeny thin dress and as little else as I could get away with, the scales have added a pound :(. Presumably the two Belgian buns I ate last week didn't help, or the ginger nuts, or the chocolate, or... you get the drift I imagine.




Now, as most of my friends out here in the land of ttwd now last week I was threatened with a spanking if I gained and I miraculously managed to escape with a teeny weeny loss. I was extremely smug. What  is that saying?







                                                                Oh yes that's the one :(


Hubby was adamant,

" The rules haven't changed from last week, if you gain you get spanked , be warned"

Dil and I plodded forlornly off to our doom. We had both gained a pound. One single pound in the wrong direction. To add insult to injury it was a charity week in aid of Macmillan (cancer aid) and we we had a coffee and cake morning at our club.





 Everyone including ourselves had made low syn nibbles and we  had a fundraising party. Somehow we managed to bake for everyone, spend loads, eat cake and put on weight.
 Not the most successful slimming world session I have had. Let me tell you that no matter what you make them with slimming cakes are not worth eating. Cakes need sugar and butter or they are not cakes!!!!
It only took us a couple of hours too. We both agreed that this was a week to be written off. As we parted ways I said to her,

"Home to face the consequences"

"Me too, I will text him in a minute" she replied glumly, referring to my son who I am sure was ready to dole out sympathy not spanking!!

"Well?" The mean darling husband barked as I walked in the door.

Not so smug now, I confessed to my added pound.

"Oh well you know what happens now", he gleefully replied. Not much sympathy to be had here.

"I feel an implement or two coming out"

I had no defence and so later on that day I was treated to his hand, followed by  his crop and then that blasted wooden ruler. have I ever mentioned my dislike of wood, yes I thought so :(
I am under instructions to lose that pound and a bit more next week. I am pretty sure that I won't , I have never lost weight in  anything more than small amounts.
I will admit to being very careful now and am planning a week off all things sweet and chocolatey. How depressing!


In  truth that is the second spanking in a week caused by those blasted Belgian buns as at the weekend I had eaten one whilst Hubby was at work, leaving one for him to munch on when he got home.

How kind  I hear you say.

Yes, but whenever we eat these he always gives me his cherry (off the top!) as long ago I gave him mine ;). This time though I pinched it,lol


The next morning I was accused of thieving and spanked with the blasted little chopping board.


                                                             (not identical but similar)


 He said I should have texted him to ask first and not just stolen it!! We both laughed our way through this spanking, he was really clutching at straws. I bet no one else gets spanked for pinching a cherry!!


Any way, never again am I going to eat one of those yummy buns before Slimming World and  my days of thieving are over.......


Now to be truthful, this is never going to be a one time thing but I just couldn't resist this picture.

Hope everyone is well, happy and spanked ...

love Jan,xx

37 comments:

  1. We're both subject to spankings for snacking. It's definitely a good way of staying trim, even if it hurts at the time.

    Sophie and Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I am going to read him this comment, bet I don't get to spank him though,lol. I am hopeless, no willpower
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  2. Jan,
    Glad to hear you two lovebirds are having fun. Have another Belgian bun,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meredith, how naughty you are encouraging me to be bad!!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  3. Hello there, Jan,

    Since I finally reached goal weight with big motivation from Sam, the policy at our house is that if a Weight Watcher's weigh-in costs money, then I will pay at the meeting and then I will pay when I get home. I guess you could call it "Pay Back" for indiscretions in the healthy eating department.

    I still have to struggle sometimes. I do weigh at home every morning just to keep myself on the straight and narrow path.

    Hugs Across the Pond
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella, so do I, every day! I am nearly at target, I imagine if I ever get there the same rules will apply here. It's hard though to resist temptation,
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  4. I blamed British Bake Off. I'm baking chocolate cakes more and more, yesterday it was muffins... then the crumbles.... you get the picture.
    P can have as many cherries as he likes, hate the things. Good luck with the weight.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI DF, I do get the picture, That show has a lot to answer for! My favourite is bread week and his is pastry
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  5. Nope, never been spanked for pinching a cherry:)

    A cake hasn't passed my lips for a least two weeks. Chocolate another matter. Two squares of dark chocolate and some grated dark chocolate over a large slice of chocolate and vanilla cheesecake. Well we did have guests for dinner.

    Good luck with the weight.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two weeks!! how saintly, you can't have been watching the Bake off like DF. I am going to avoid junk food for the whole week (maybe...) and I am not having anyone to dinner either, that is always fatal

      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  6. Oh Jan, I am sorry that you had a wooden ruler incident. I think in a way I get that your husband remained adamant, but maybe one implement less would have been nice, after all the Macmillan Coffee Morning was a charity event! You are so right about the sugar and butter in cakes, it is what makes them delicious. I have tried to make vanilla pudding with artificial sweetener once and that was yucky. Never again, and definitely not in cake. Ew. :) A week without any sweets? Poor you, this is really not too awesome. I mean, your hubby wants your best, and less sweets are maybe healthy, but you do have my sympathy because this is not easy (and depressing, yep!). If it were allowed I’d gladly take the no chocolate part for you, because I cannot have much at all these days, my body says. :)
    Your second spanking sounds like much more fun, and I’d say you are right with the clutching at straws too. But I loved that you laughed your way through this, you make it sound like a real fun time. Wonderful. Sending you positive thoughts to help you stay away from sweets and chocolate, until you are allowed to indulge again. Uhm, I don’t want you to suffer though, so maybe nibbling a little chocolate is not too bad, is it? Keeping fingers crossed that you lose the pound and a bit!!!

    hugs and love

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina sweetie, I have managed two days so far and last night I got a very good girl in my diary!! I do find that once i lay off the chocolate for a week I don't crave it after that so if I can just stick to it. I really do want to lose weight this week, might spur dil on a bit as she is as bad as me. Hope everything is going well with you and the pregnancy, kisses to Tilda
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  7. I definitely have the same problem - some times with the same consciences and sometimes not. i've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds for a year now and it's getting ridiculous!

    But as for being an out right thief - no, never… unless it was something I really wanted. Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, to be honest there are lots of women at class who yo yo each week. I think we all go for the chit chat!! I am really trying this week, I would like to lose a bit before Christmas, once the Christmas cake is on the horizon I am goner!! Pity you can't come to class with me, it does help listening to everyone else's ideas
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Jan,
    My wife discovered a Vegan chocolate cake mix that even I ( a total cake-a-holic) thought tasted OK. No sugar, no butter and used a little oil and soy milk for moisture. Sounds horrible, but actually turns out alright.
    If you want I can get the recipe for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, that is very kind of you , I use soya milk generally, it's always the no sugar and butter thing that gets me. I wouldn't mind giving it a go
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Jan, could you please send your gmail address to grumpy1235don@gmail.com and I will email to you

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much, I have done it
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  9. Ohh shuddering not a fan of wooden ruler myself, the amount of times I have wanted to throw it in the fire, but figure it's not worth the consequences lol

    I find it difficult to resist cakes, I should being diabetic, but I argue that one, ok, maybe two isn't so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tori, the ruler is 18 inches long and I am not a fan. I don't like wooden things at all. I wouldn't dare destroy it though. It must be hard being diabetic, our youngest is too, he has a sweet tooth as well. There are recipes for low sugar stuff but it's not the same is it? We are all the same, some things are just too hard to resist!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  10. I can so sympathize......with the weight..you are on your own for the snitching the cherry...good luck this coming week.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, I am having a cherry free week!! I find it hard to keep it off once I have finally managed it, never mind plod on
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  11. I both envy and feel sorry for you Jan. Envy because you are losing weight (usually) and sorry you got your bum warmed...especially with wood! Remember...wood is no good, leather is better, feathers are best! :D

    Good luck on the next weigh-in.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cat, I tell him that phrase repeatedly. Don't know why but he just chuckles as he is wielding something in the first category :(
      Thanks, this week I am trying extra hard
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  12. The Scotsman and I would both be spanked for cheating and gaining in this house!
    You guys are so sweet with one another.
    Glad you were able to 'settle' the weight gain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, he has lost over a stone and doesn't cheat anywhere as much as me. he is spanking from a position of superiority,lol
      love jan,xx

      Delete
    2. Minelle, do you practice mutual domestic discipline too?

      Sophie and Steve

      Delete
  13. Hi Jan, Oh no not good being spanked for gaining weight. I know how that goes. Last year our little town did a challenge where we lost weight to earn money to donate to charity. The weeks I gained Bear spanked me. I learnt a trick that on weigh in day you give yourself a treat, then be very good for the rest of the week. Worked wonders for me. Also this way you don't feel deprived. Hope next weeks weigh in is better for you.
    Sounds like fun though with the cherry pinching spanking. LOL!
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, believe me I know all the tricks, the trouble is my weigh in day turns into a feast,lol
      This week I didn't do that and am back on track. It's surprising how many of us are spanked for the same thing!!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Lindy,

      So long as you're being very good the rest of the week, you're still keeping to a diet, albeit a less restrictive one.

      For our part, we're still allowed treats; we just get spanked for having too many treats. Snacking at work was the biggest problem for both of us, and spanking has cured it nicely.

      Sophie and Steve

      Delete
    3. Hi Sophie and Steve, I don't actually have a problem with dieting now. Still need to loose weight but on such a restricted diet because of food allergies it is hard to cut anything out.
      Snacking was always my downfall. Glad spankings cured it for you.
      Lindy x

      Delete
  14. Hi Jan,

    Oopsy, I struggle with the sweet stuff too. It's just too damn tempting! I totally agree with you too, cakes need butter and sugar.

    Spanked for pinching a cherry...that's a new one on me lol. Sounds like that spanking was more fun than anything :) Wishing you the best with the next weogh in :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, is there anyone who doesn't struggle with the sweet stuff? Our cherry spanking was fun, I think he is determined to carry on spanking no matter what! It's any old excuse round here. Hope you and Rick are okayl love Jan,xx

      Delete
  15. Oh er! Good job you are not here in this household! I find missing out the sweet stuff so difficult. I don't eat too many carbs, but my downfall is cheese and pasta and potatoes and bacon etc etc etc.

    Life just isn't fair!

    You do make me laugh though - so surely I must lose some calories doing that?

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about to post again I have weighed in ;)
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  16. I have a horrible sweet-tooth, too. My only consequence is feeling badly about myself - working on it. :-) Next week will be better. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Terps, our slimming world consultant is great and she says that sometimes life happens and we can't beat ourselves up about it. We just have to try a bit harder next time. Plod on
      love Jan,xx

      Delete