Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Love our Lurkers 10!


Hello everyone and anyone out there on this special day in Blogland.


Yes, that's the day, Love our Lurkers day. I think we all have them and we  definitely all have been, or still are, lurkers at some point. Whether it is because we are not brave enough to speak up, or are not well informed enough to voice our thoughts, or simply not interested enough to shout out, we have all been and probably will be again Lurkers.

I quite like secretly reading blogs whose writers lead such very different lives to mine, often there I am not brave enough to butt in, but over the last three years I have made so many friends, people to whom I tell  my secrets to and some of whom I would dearly love to meet. 

If you are popping in here for the first time I will tell you the basics. I am in my fifties and very happily married for over thirty years to a kind and gentle man who spanks me  for fun always, and occasionally to rein me in a teeny bit. I am not particularly naughty, sometimes nice, often cheeky. I love my husband greatly and I am lucky enough to be well loved in return.

On my blog I talk about our lives together, the good bits and the whiny bits ( be warned), and everyone is welcome. I love getting comments (on the whole) and always try to reply.

I love this day in Blogland it is  like a fabulous party and for a couple of days I become


a party animal!!


I am so not a party animal in real life, I am more a home bird.
 In Blogland I have discovered that it is fine to be whatever you really are, I have made friends with some amazing people, I now have writers as friends, and I talk about the people here as if I had popped out for coffee with them to my real life friends , even though I do have to be careful what I say sometimes. 

I feel motherly to a couple of younger bloggers, and identify with a few others. Some I am amazed by, a few I  feel sympathy for and there are even a couple I would so love to meet I would travel miles ( and I hate holidays as a a rule so that shows how much I value their friendship) 

No one over here knows how we live our lives, although  second son and daughter in law are suspicious and not far behind us either!!

These pictures sum me up in a nutshell.....



This is true for most of us out here I reckon.



To be honest, I do ask although hubby is very perceptive and I find myself asking less and receiving more ;)


Doesn't matter how many times I look at this picture it always makes my tummy flip.Did I mention I am fairly easy to please!


My favourite phrase in the whole world




Self - explanatory......


Did I say I have  a fabulous artist among my Blogland chums? If you want to read her blog and see some more of her art it is called My Breath, and you can get in by clicking on my blogroll. In fact you can meet lots of my pals by clicking on their names there.




Just because.

And now you know a  bit about me this is the important bit for today. Can you for a moment or two stop doing this?




because you are very welcome to do this



Please, please come out to play today and ask away. You can ask anything you want to and I will try and answer it. I never lie ( it's a spankable offence don't you know?) so you hopefully will  get an honest answer ;)

Welcome to my world, I hope you will come again.

Meanwhile enjoy the party going on around the world today, mine's a Martini and Lemonade!
I will drink a couple whilst partying with my pals in America, Germany, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and here in England. I hope I haven't missed anyone's home country but to be honest I have no idea where some of you live!

love Jan, xxxxx

42 comments:

  1. Hello Jan,

    No longer a stranger, it's two years since I made my first foray out of the bushes on LOL day 2013. Hope you have a lovely day and meet lots of new friends.

    Love, Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, time flies!! I would love to meet you in real life, at least we are in the same country!!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jan, Have a fun LOL day and enjoy your Martini and lemonade. My first LOL day so I am excited to meet new people.
    cheers Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, I was so excited on my first lol day, it's like a great big party! Hope you have fun too
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  3. Jan,

    Happy LOL Day. Lovely post. No lurker. Always love to stop here.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW..what a great post! I think that first poster should become our motto.
    Have a great day...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, I agree it is a great poster! one to live by ;)
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  5. J,
    What a cute LOL post! I love visiting your blog.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, Thanks, I hope you too get lots of visitors today
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  6. such a terrific post, Jan. I love reading here and I especially love the "whining" ones - it makes me know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sunny, that is the one thing I have learnt from Blogland. We are definitely not alone!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  7. I do love roses :-) Always enjoy visiting here my dancing friend from afar Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, I love visiting a fellow dancer's blog too, hope your day is great
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi Lilli, welcome to my world, hope you are having fun today
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Jan; first time visiting,and really enjoying reading about your life and lifestyle.
    i will drop by more often. remember when you party...
    bottoms up
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red, welcome, glad to see you , have a fun day
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Jan, Happy LOL day! I love your post and I love coming here to see what the latest news from the Rose household are. :) Obviously my favourite news are the good ones, and you had some awesome news over the past months (grandbaby and being grandma!), and some funny ones, e.g. about your dil and son maybe knowing about your spankings, and them maybe even doing that as well. I love these moments you share with us, so thank you and hugs for that and for being so awesome. :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    hugs and love

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my darling girl. I hope things are going well for you, not long to go now. I am so excited to hear your news. Grandbaby is coming for a visit this weekend and I am baby sitting, Yay!!!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  11. Hi ya lady!! Thank you for the shout out!
    You make me blush!
    I am quite at home here and enjoy my visits!
    Toasting you with my Martini in hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, pleasure. I hope you get lots of visitors to your blog today. Enjoy the Martini!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  12. Happy LOL Day, Jan...so happy you started blogging and sharing your life with us...you are so much fun. Also love reading about your younger DIL ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, it is great being here in Blogland, some how some of these people are more my real friends than people round here!! She is as bonkers as me!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Jan,
    I lurk here once in a while. Thanks for sharing the basics, that's nice to know. I'll just grab a beer and quietly watch the party. :)
    Ripley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ripley, welcome to my world. Enjoy your beer and please come again, feel free to join in whenever you like
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  14. Happy happy LOL day. I quietly visit here regularly. I too have enjoyed your recent interactions with your son and dil although your interactions with Dan are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, welcome and please come again, you don't have to be quiet , you can be as loud as you like!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  15. Jan, have a very enjoyable LOL Day! It looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dr.Ken, I am having a fun day, this is one of my favourites out here, hope you have a good one too
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  16. Oh Jan,
    I always think you are as sweet as candy. Just like you crave those biscuits of yours, I crave your stories and honesty and kindness. Thanks for making me feel so welcome this year. I have only one truly English rose bush in my garden, but now it always makes me think of you.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ella, I do wish we could meet in real life, You are always welcome here.
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  17. Hi Jan!

    I lurk here often when I'm around...I just haven't been around much lately. I hope you have a wonderful LOL day!

    Hugs,
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay, you are always welcome here, please come visit again
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Hello there, hope lol day was great for you
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  19. Hi Jan,

    Almost every word of your self-description applies equally to me, except for the England part. Happy LOL Day!

    Hugs,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Bonnie, Thanks so much for starting it all off!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  20. Happy LOL Day, Jan! I just knew you would pinch one of my cat pictures that I was going to use. I am so late this year that it probably won't matter anyway.

    I always love reading about your escapades. Just keep writing about them!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, am only now catching up as I have had grandbaby all weekend! I babysat while son and dil went to a wedding. I am cream crackered, lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  21. I have come to the party late, are there any cookies or alcohol left? I have been able to visit blog land in little chunks of time the last four days. With friends like you, I really want to say more than thanks or love your blog. But for now - love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Blondie, always cookies and Martini here, just pop over :)
      love Jan,xx

      Delete