Friday, 5 February 2016

Ella's Winter Meme.


Hello every one. Hope you are all having a great week, and a super duper weekend follows.

 I loved this one and decided to have a go.

1.You have to leave your house because of a disaster.All the people and pets you love are safe. If you could carry out just one thing what would it be?

I am very shallow..... My hairdryer!!!

2. Tell us about a book or series of books that you loved as a child.

As a little girl I was obsessed with reading. (Come to think of it I still am). My favourite author was Enid Blyton. I loved all her books, the Secret Seven, The Faraway Tree, Noddy, Mallory Towers. You name it I read it. My very favourite though were the Famous Five and this one in Particular




3.Name one item of clothing you love your spouse to wear.

This is the easiest question.When I was really poorly and back and forth to the hospital my husband came with me for every test, treatment , all of it. I always wanted him to wear this jumper. I  felt comforted snuggling up to him. This was over ten years ago and recently undergoing the same old stuff I have bought him a new identical one and bless him he just automatically wears it !

4. Name a lullaby your mum or dad sung to you that you sang to your children.

Blimey, this is a laughable question. my mum or dad, you have to be joking. 
I sang everything to my boys though. I remember when the oldest was about 8 he sang an old Andrews Sisters hit "Don't sit under the Apple Tree with anyone else but Me" to his teacher. We had been reading his reading book and there was an apple tree... guess what I sung him to sleep with that night,lol . She made a point of telling me how amusing we were!!




5. Tell us about the fanciest restaurant you have eaten in.

Hard one, I am not that interested in the fancy stuff. We have eaten at the Oxo tower in London. Lots of lovely hotel restaurants. really I am just as happy in a  cosy country pub.

6.Tell us about any phobias you have. What else are you scared of?

At the risk of sounding bonkers. I am petrified of dogs, spiders, snakes, heights,  did  I say dogs, 

7.Is there something old from a family member you treasure.

I have  gold and ruby ring that belonged to my beloved Nannie and a gold bracelet that has 12 gold coins on that was my lovely Grandma's.

8.If there is reading material in your bathroom, what magazines or books could be found there?

None, zilch, nada, not a thing.

9.Tell us about your dearest childhood friend.

I had a lovely friend I used to go to dance class with, she was very quiet and placid. We had an unforgettable first holiday away together in London. I loved her loads. We were each other's support group from a dodgy childhood.  She grew up and became a nurse. last I heard she went to Australia.

10.Is there a household task that belongs to your husband?

Not really, but I can't remember when I last changed a light bulb!

11.Have you ever smoked pot? How old were you when you the first time? Do you still enjoy?

Not  a chance. Never smoked anything actually. it all sounds disgusting. I wouldn't even know where to get pot from for a start. Is it that good?

12.If it is cold what do you wear in bed?



What ever else, I would have socks on and my electric blanket :)

13. How old were you when you lost your virginity? Share any story you fell comfortable with.

I was 21, on our engagement trip to Paris ;)

14.Think of something you did as a kid which you were glad your parents never found out about. If you were a perfect child you can say "perfect" but the rest of us will hate you for it.

I wasn't perfect I was too scared to do anything. As a child I was scared of everything and everyone!

15. Boob question!
Think Goldilocks and the three  Bears.
Do you think your boobs are
a. too big
b. too small
c.just right
d.all of the above is not a valid answer.

Okay then. This is my chance to be a c. A couple of years ago I had my 34 J cups reduced to a 34 D.  It cost an arm and a leg and they are the most perfect bit of me. No kidding. Guess who else loves them. 


Great Meme Ella , Thank you..


love Jan,
         xxx











23 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers Jan, I used to devour Famous Five and Secret Seven books too and am with you on dogs. Not quite as bad as I used to be and am ok on a one on one basis once I get to know them.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I love all Enid Blyton books, can't wait to buy them for grandbaby. I hate dogs with a passion,the smell, the teeth,the noise, the slobber ugh!. Give me a cat anyday lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  2. Loved reading your answers. I'm with you about the reading material in the bathroom. You'll never find anything in ours either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, I know , it seems a bit odd to leave books in there. Hope you and Ray are having a nice weekend
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you will believe me when I tell you that of all the folks in blogland, I was most interested in what you would say. You surprised me, Jan.

    It makes me happy to know how much you loved reading, but I do not know those books at all.

    I also love the sweet way you remembered your engagement trip. So pretty.

    Glad you like the meme, Jan. You are a special lady.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella, I don't think I am very surprising really. I have tried to email you Ella but I cant seem to get it sent. Please can you give me an email address if you fancy a chat
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  4. These are great! I do love meme and I thank Ella for this one. I'm with you on the fear of spiders and nights, but dogs are great and snakes aren't too bad if they're not poisonous and if they pretty much leave me alone. I'm so glad you did this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Pk, oh you are brave, snakes! and dogs! I hope you are feeling better now, your turn for the meme now
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading this Jan, Ella's memes are so interesting. I also loved the Secret Seven and Famous Five, George was my favourite character though I wasn't a tomboy myself. I'm also with you on the reading material in the bathroom, I've never understood that one!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, Oh I wanted to be Anne! It would annoy me on the tidy stakes to have reading material lying around in the bathroom! I do like Ella's memes.
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  6. I love this! Fun to read your answers. NO reading material in our bathroom either. Though, our hairdryer probably only gets used once or twice a year. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, oh my goodness I wash and dry my hair every day! i would have to be dead not to do it! lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing, Jan...loved all your answers. Too scared to do anything growing up, were you? Are you still too scared to do anything?

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, yes pretty much. I am scared of people and would cross the road to avoid an argument. Mind you with hubby I am a bit braver, ;). there's not much he can do that I am scared of!!
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  8. Loved your answers Jan. I love when my Scotsman wears sweaters and I can cuddle in to him. It's perfect how he's wearing the jumper again for you.
    I'm glad you were able to trim down your boobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Minelle, He is so sweet and he always knows when I need him to wear it. I love my new boobs. They were not even in the right place before lol. Now they are amazing, both my dil are jealous, they are big girls too. I had it done for medical reasons really but I had wanted it done all my life
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Jan, Loved your answers to Ella's meme. We are so similar in a lot of them. Lovely that John wears the special jumper to comfort you whilst you go through your ordeal. Will have to get around to doing this one, eventually. Not in the mood to blog at the moment.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lindy, I hope you are alright. Is there anything we can do to cheer you up?
      lots of love Jan,xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Jan, I love your answers. Enid Blyton is awesome, I know most of the Famous Five stories and love them, and can’t wait to see my little girls read them (only around seven more years to wait for that...). :) I love that John wears the sweater you love most on him right when you need this most, it kind of shows how much he cares and how attentive he is, doesn’t it? I love that, and hubby has such a soft (a little old though) sweater too, :) … and when he is not there to wear it, I sometimes grab it because of the smell that reminds me of him.
    I am with you on the socks in bed too, warm feet and the rest will follow! The electric blanket would scare me though, I think I’d be afraid I might be roasted at night. Maybe I should try it though, because I have got a cold at the moment. Kate seems immune, Tilda hasn’t got it, and I thought I was immune too, but no.
    I enjoyed all your answers so much (and the engagement trip to Paris must have been so exciting!). Hope all is well and you are doing fine.

    hugs and love

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina, Oh i can imagine your girls reading the Famous Five stories, bless. I will dig mine out for grandbaby.
      I hope the cold gets better soon, it is definitely going round Blogland, PK has had it and I have it now too!
      Hope you are managing well with your girls and they are happy and thriving
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  11. No reading material in our bathroom either. I'm with you on taking the hairdryer but I would put it in my handbag (does that count as one) and Enid Blyton my favourite author as a child.

    Thanks Jan.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. No reading material in our bathroom either. I'm with you on taking the hairdryer but I would put it in my handbag (does that count as one) and Enid Blyton my favourite author as a child.

    Thanks Jan.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea. I have a big handbag, I reckon I could get my kindle in there as well , lol
      love Jan,xx

      Delete