Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Rosie's come to Play!I


Hello everyone,

Today my lovely friend Rosie is guesting on my blog because Ella's meme was just too irresistible to miss. So here she goes.

1.You have to leave your house because of a disaster. All the people and pets you love are safe. If you could choose just one item to carry out what it would be?

Marmaduke, the Teddy Bear my mother gave me when I was five months old. Most of his fur has been loved off and the straw stuffing is coming out of one paw because I sucked it instead of my thumb. I never allowed my daughters to play with him, I bought them their own Teddies.

2. Tell us about a book or series of books you loved as a child.

I devoured the Famous Five and the Secret Seven books by Enid Blyton.  Also the Milly Molly Mandy books. I don't remember who wrote those.



3. Name one item of clothing you love your spouse to wear.

Black Tie, without a doubt. The whole outfit, not just the tie! Okay that's cheating but he looks yummy.

4. Is there a lullaby your mum or dad sang to you that you also sang to your children?

I don't ever recall being sung to. I didn't sing to my girls as I am tone deaf, but I did read stories to them.

5. Tell us about the fanciest restaurant at which you have ever dined.

Harry took me to Raymond Blanc's Michelin starred Le Manoir aux Quatre Saisons for a Birthday lunch three years ago. I dressed up to the nines in posh frock and  heels and persuaded Harry to wear a suit and tie. We stuck out like a sore thumb. The gentry were all casually dressed, to the extent that some of them looked like they had spent the morning gardening and hadn't bothered to get changed for lunch. The food, all seven courses, was exquisite.




6. Tell us about any phobias you have. What else are you scared of?

I hate snow. If I wake up to that light that only snow produces, I'm off to the bathroom to throw up. I have never built a snow man or (shudder) laid down in it to make snow angels. I sometimes have to drive in it, of necessity, but I am a nervous wreck till I am back indoors.

7. Is there something old from a family member that you treasure?

I have my Great Grandmother's rose gold wedding ring and a thimble and lace handkerchief that belonged to my beloved Nanna.

If there is reading material in your bathroom, what magazines or books could be found?

None, I have a print of Picasso's Blue Nude on the wall though.




9.Tell us about your dearest childhood friend.

I was a rather solitary child and never had a "special" friend. I was in a small gang called "the Devil Girls" when I was eight or nine. I don't remember where the name came from. I, for one, was an angel.

10. Is there a household task that belongs to your husband?

 Harry is in charge of the food shopping. Sometimes I trail in his wake with the trolley but, mostly, he goes it alone. He also does all the manly things like taking the bins out and shooing out spiders.

11.Have you ever smoked pot?How old were you the first time? Do you still enjoy?

No, I've never smoked anything.

12. If it is cold what do you wear in bed?

Neither Harry or I own any nightwear. On chilly nights, I snuggle up to my own personal hottie. When it's really cold I slumber blissfully under an electric duvet.

13. How old were you when you lost your virginity? Share any story you are comfortable with.

I was seventeen and had always thought I would wait till I was married. Then along came Harry......

14. Think of something you did as a kid which you were glad your parents never found out about. If you were a perfect child you may respond with "perfect"  but the rest of us may hate you for it.

No, sorry you will have to hate me.

15.Boob Question:
Think Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Do you think your boobs are
a, too big
b, too small
c, just right
d, all of the above is not a valid answer.

c, Until the mid life hormones kicked in, my boobs were like two peas on a bread board.
.


(Sorry Rosie I couldn't resist this pic ;)

Now they are nicely rounded but still small enough not to be saggy.

Thanks Ella for another great meme. Special thanks to Jan for making it possible for me to join in the fun

28 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie, I had fun reading your answers. I have a toy like that but funnily enough it is a dog! He was loved to death yet in real life they are my least fave animal. All men look great in Black tie I reckon, it is definitely a hot button for me ;)
    Feel free to write here anytime you feel like it
    love Jan,xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I haven't got the hang of replying to comments. I typed under 'reply' but it shot to the bottom of the page. I told you I am a dunce when it comes to Blogger! If this one doesn't work, I'm off to sulk in front of the 'how to' pages.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
    2. I'm sure I didn't do anything different!!

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your answers Rosie...black tie is always a turn on....Giggled at the pea pic...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had great fun with this. Yep, black tie does it for me every time.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jan,
    I promised to visit from over at Dev's blite, and here I am. You have a lovely place and I'm enjoying your postings. These surveys are lots of fun, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie, I am really glad you went to Jan's today! Great answers, too. Love the Picasso in the bathroom. Good taste. Mmmmm - totally agree with the black tie, too, although Sam has never worn one.

    Big Hugs to you Both,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great meme Ella. I'm so happy that Jan offered me the space on her blog, I enjoyed taking part.

      Greetings from across the pond,

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. So glad you answered here Rosie! I was one of those pretty good kids too. I've known people who didn't like snow before, but none with the reaction you described. We don't get very much here, but I love to watch it as I sit by the fire. I used to play in it but no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow thing is weird, I know. Something must have triggered the reaction in childhood but I don't know what, it's been that way as long as I can remember.
      Yes, I was a real goody two shoes. My sister was the naughty one.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Loved your answers Rosie! Picasso's Blue Nude- I adore!
    Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun to do, I'm glad you liked my answers. Your turn next?
      I love your drawings, you're so talented.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Jan,
    I love Rosie too. Her answers are great! I love her sense of humor.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well lucky for me, My son is buying a house very near to where Rosie lives. Guess who I am going to meet in real life!!! I am so pleased about it too
      xx

      Delete
    2. Meredith, I'm glad you liked my answers. Harry's the real wit in our house, though his humour can be annoying at times. I sometimes call him Calvin, after Bill Watterson's character who is permanently six years old.
      Rosie

      Delete
  8. Loved reading your answers - it seems you were a perfect child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Nanna, my maternal grandmother, certainly thought so. I could do no wrong in her eyes. She had hoped her first grandchild would be a boy but, so my mother told me, when she held me for the first time she declared that she wouldn't swap me for a boy if his @r$e were studded with diamonds! She was a real character, taken from this world too soon.
      I'm still pretty much an angel now...
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. Loved reading your answers. Big fan of Enid Blyton.

    I've wanted to go to Le Manoir aux Quatre'Saisons. Maybe one day.

    Thanks for sharing Rosie.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Enid Blyton was popular with most children on this side of the pond. I used to love going to the local library every week for a new book.
      Le Manoir was a real treat, great for a special occasion. I've met M Blanc a couple of times. He's as charming in real life as he is on TV.
      Congrats on your book, I'll be downloading it soon.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Jan, thank you so much for letting me play, it was fun to do. I wasn't expecting the pics, it's so clever of you to find the exact items (except for the peas, my boobs have never been that cosy!).

    I've never met a man yet that doesn't look good in black tie, there's just something about it...

    Love, Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was meant to be a reply to your comment Jan. No idea what went wrong!
      R xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Rosie, you are always welcome here, It has been fun having a visitor
      love Jan,xx

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing your blog, Jan.

    Love your answers, Rosie but sheesh...another goody two shoes. Dang...if I can find time to do this meme, #14 is gonna take up a whole page! ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I read somewhere that 'Trouble' is your middle name, so I look forward to reading your answers. Hope you find time soon!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. Thanks Jan for sharing your blog with Rosie.

    Loved your answers Rosie. You brought back memories with Milly Molly Mandy, I loved those books also.
    A man in a black tie and suit does wonders for me also.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my answers, it was fun to do. I don't know what it is about black tie but it seems it has the same affect on many of us.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. Rosie it was so nice to read your answers and learn more about you. I have not heard of the books by Enid Blyton - I may have to see if I can find them at the library. I love children's books. And I don't hate you - I am the same...never got into trouble as a child... :-) Hi, Jan! Hugs

    ReplyDelete