Sunday, 15 May 2016

The Secret and Not so Secret life of a TTWD Wife!



Hello everyone,

I am pinching an idea from Meredith who wrote  a touching post about the secret ways in which we embrace our lives as ttwd wives. It was so true, and  I find it so joyous to be one of this secret gang.

I love lots of aspects of this life, our togetherness and my absolute joy in being with my husband. We are newly retired and loving it. Every morning we wake with this expression

We count ourselves to be so lucky to have got to this stage of our lives, so many of our real life friends don't seem to be truly happy. I find myself wanting to tell people, spill the beans as it were. I haven't and I won't but oh gosh don't any of you want to tell everyone the secret?


We have always held hands, but now we really mean it!



I love his stern looks, whatever they precede ;) I love calling him

MY SIR
I will admit to forgetting this is a secret phrase, by now everyone we know has heard me call him it, it pops out more often than not.



My favourite phrase, not so secretly said, but with it's own special meaning.

Like Meredith I relish the secret touches, the odd swat here and there, that special whisper.

 Who would have thought that at our age we would all begin to lead these double lives , me and my band of merry friends in Blogland. I feel like a secret agent, lol.

 How lucky we are, to have each other to share with and our amazing husbands and partners to live this lifestyle with. Long may it continue.

And secrets!


And then there is


There are times of course when the secret is not quite so secret as quite ably demonstrated by my darling daughter in law to be. Last night we were out at one of my son's gigs. Did I mention what a brilliant Guitarist he is?  Oops, I digress...

We were chatting and dil was wearing a new dress.

"Look at you, all dressed up in your new dress with it's own little bondage belt" I said. "It's really cute"
( Not exactly like this, but similar)

"Well" she replied. "At least I don't wear a necklace with "Spank me " written on it!"


Oops!!

 Yes I do and yes she has seen it and giggled about it. I wasn't wearing it last night though. 

"Ssh" I said, "Keep your voice down, don't tell the whole pub"

She just laughed, the cheeky girl.

"Anyway" I said " I love your belt, I like a bit of bondage, handcuffs and leather and stuff you know..." I trailed off, and at last she was rendered speechless.

So my friends, are you sure your lovely secret life is really and truly as secret as you think?


I hope you all have a great week, 
love 
     Jan, xxx


 


 



33 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I think I would really like your DIL to be. Sounds like a wonderful girl. I'm to the point that I don't care who knows, although I don't go around telling anyone. I know my marriage is better than most of my friends so I feel if they find out maybe it will help them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, She is the loveliest girl :)
      I feel like you, I don't care either! We must be getting brave in our old age
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  2. We love having our little secret....hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, It's a great little club to be in
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  3. Jan,
    Such a sweet post............ I love when you called us all a secret gang. So true! You sound so very happy.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, I loved your post, so I thought I would copy it, lol. We are so happy, and it is so fun to be in a gang!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Jan! I'm thrilled to be part of your secret gang and the picture of how you two wake up everyday is priceless! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, it's a great gang! WE really can't believe how lucky we are, we thought he would have to work forever!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Amy, It's a great gang! We really do feel so lucky to be able to retire
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Jan, love this, very sweet. I love having the little secret just between us. The exchange with your DIL cracked me up. Maybe not so much a secret huh lol :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, Hope you and Rick are both okay. She is a sweet girl, knows a bit too much I think!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  6. A lovely post Jan. Makes me smile as you sound so happy. I like your DIL. You are braver than me wearing a necklace with spank me on.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, I don't wear it every day, usually only when I am with hubby. The kids came round one day unexpectedly and she caught me!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  7. Secret agents? A secret gang? Ha! That amuses me ... but not as much as you rendering your soon to be DIL speechless! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilli, She was surprised. She will recover and get me back I am sure, lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  8. You do make me hoot! Didn't know you were now both retired. Enjoy yourselves!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, Hope you and Dan are okay. We are absolutely loving retirement!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  9. This made me laugh, Jan, your DIL is priceless. I sometimes wish I didn't need to hide such a big part of who I am. Then again, if we all 'came out' there probably wouldn't be a secret Blogland gang. Glad you've managed to get retirement sorted, I'm green with envy.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, I never thought of that, maybe we better all keep our secrets! Hope you had a great time
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Jan, I love this post. The discussion between your DIL to be and you was too funny. Some of my friends know about ttwd, but I try not to let the family know. I am not sure if it works, though. :) Wishing you a wonderful week!

    hugs and love

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina, I think you are brave letting your friends know, I wonder what they think. I hope all is well with the girls, big hugs to them
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  11. Wow, the last part certainly has to have made wonderful conversations with your dil and her friends, and your son. looking positively, this might be enough to encourage them to try some ttwd, and you may never know which of them gets spanked.
    i totally agree that retirement is liberating, and TTWD brings us so much clos3er than ever before. we always snuggled, kissed often, and made love often, but now it is even incredibly more often and spectacular.
    If you are ever into organizing a get together of blogland TTWD enthusiasts in actual person, count me in...
    PS: If you tell SIR what you you told your dil, you probably will be rewarded with a spanking
    bottoms up
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red, I think they envy our marriage but I don't know if they have enough life experience to start this malarkey just yet. I know he rewards her if she loses weight ( she is desperate to, he couldn't care less really!) so it's a start. I would love to meet up. I thought you two were retired as well. It's so great
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  12. lucky indeed :-) I love your relationship with your DIL something to treasure :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, I certainly got lucky with her
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  13. Love being part of the secret gang. Your DIL is priceless with her comment on your necklace. LOL! Think we might have slipt up a bit when D1 was here recently when I ask Bear something calling him Sir. She asked "Whats that all about."

    Retirement is wonderful, glad you are both enjoying yourselves and waking up with those huge smiles on your faces.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy,I think your daughter has pretty good idea now! I think everyone we know has had me call hubby my sir! I think they all think I am being sarky, lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  14. Loved this post, Jan! The "secret gang" really made me smile. And you do sound so happy and loving your life. Love your necklace, too.

    I think you lucked out in the DIL department. She is a winner.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella, I hope you will be as lucky in the dil stakes as me one day. I am loving life with my husband
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  15. Okay, this is the best. I love your little interaction with you dil. But more than that, I love seeing the happiness within your marriage. Our secret sisters/friends here in blog land are the best and I don't know what I would do without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blondie, we are always here for you
      love Jan, xx

      Delete