Tuesday, 8 November 2016

"A Free Spanking!"



Hello everyone,

I know it is early but we have been Christmas shopping. I love the shopping bit, the choosing things for my special family and friends. Ooh, and a grandgirl is the yummiest person to buy for, and  there seems to be no limit to the things you can buy with Peppa Pig on!!




I absolutely hate wrapping things up though, all my parcels look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards. Unless it is square you have had it as far a gorgeous present goes :(




Anyway I digress, the point of this ramble is to tell you how I managed to get an unneeded, unwanted and unloved  freebie.
We were shopping together, remember this is our first year of retirement so hubby is with me a lot more often than not. (I am sure by next year his enthusiasm will have worn off, but hey it is very handy having him there for carrying and chauffeuring and of course I am like the Queen now in that I never carry any money.
Anyway I wanted two gifts from a particular store, easy peasy I hear you cry. Well yes it was , once I had finished faffing about and deciding which to choose I said I was done.  Quite clearly I took too long as it gave hubby time to wander on his own.

"Hang on " he said, "There is a buy two gifts get a third free offer in here"

"I don't actually need anymore, I can't just ..." Then I caught sight of his face, recognise this look anyone?




"Oh good, I have found something I want",  he chuckled and then grinning he held up his choice :(




 He  was so pleased with himself when he stated: 

" Doesn't even have to be locked away in the toy box, just looks normal, can sit right there on the table, so handy, and a free gift too. Even better!"

Do you know something else? I don't even have to wait until Christmas for this oh so lovely gift. :(

I think maybe I will finish the shopping by myself after all, it will be less painful , lol.

I bet when I started you thought I was going to get spanked for overspending didn't you? No I didn't have to do a thing, he is just a sneaky opportunist in my opinion ;)



Somehow this picture sums it all up. I am assuming he is on the left ( I am no bird expert so this is probably wrong, humour me) and some how he just looks like he has had an in charge moment, looking down on her all stern and bossy like, in our case that would definitely be a spanking and she looks all snuggly and submissive to me. I just loved it.
Well that's how it is in the Rose household anyway.

Hope you are all having a good week and if you live across the pond may the right person get in tonight. It looks scary from over here so goodness knows what it is like over there.

Much love
         Jan,
              xxxx

31 comments:

  1. I voted so I am hoping for the best. Love that hubby found something 'useful' to buy all on his own. I would be careful about what shops I let him visit in the future..LOL.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, the results have staggered us over here! I am not letting him loose again
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  2. Jan,
    I love your post. Gave me quite the giggle. I try very hard not to go shopping with my man in case he gets any ideas about things he sees while out and about, especially kitchen gadgets. The kitchen section should be just that, kitchen gadgets and things for the kitchen.

    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baker, oh the kitchen department is definitely the worst. I always try to avoid that one!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  3. We have a brand of hair brushes here called 'ouchless' I want to sue them for false advertising. But isn't it fun that he was thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pk, yeah, great fun :(. And ouchless it is not I can assure you
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  4. Sitting here giggling my fool head off, Jan. I can only imagine the look on your face when he chose the 'free' item. Gift wrapping is not my favorite either which is why almost every gift I give is either in a gift box or gift bag. Works for me! ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, Well I can say you were probably imagining correctly. I do a bit of both on the gift wrapping front. What a job, I am so useless at it
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds fun no matter the sting of the free gifts!
    Of course I'm freaking out about Christmas shopping!!! No time!
    Crossing fingers and toes here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, It is stingy that's for certain. We have had lost of time this year, we are so lucky and we appreciate every minute
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  6. I loved that pic of the two birds at the end. and you're right, the one on the left looks like an " i know who needs a spanking" moment!

    I've just asked BIKSS if we can go shopping together. Maybe I'll just do it on my own...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fondles, hubby thinks the pic is the other way round to us, strange how we all see what we want to. Just be careful where you take him I say.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Jan, I so enjoyed reading this, it gave me such a giggle. Hmm, moral of the story...don't take hubby shopping lol. Love the bird pic too and agree with you.

    Haven't even thought about Christmas yet, argh! We have an engagement party for my niece and a couple of birthday's to go first!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I have an early start this year, normally I am flapping about till the last minute. WE had a birthday yesterday, my father in law was 91!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  8. Loved reading this post Jan. Just letting you know if your hubby is like mine he will still be going shopping with you after a few year retirement.
    Don't like the sound of that freebie. Pity you didn't have something else you needed instead of John buying that. Good luck!
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, oh well I will be more careful where I take him! It's a very stingy thing, but not as bad as wood so....
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jan it made me smile reading this. Love that your hubby was thinking of you:)

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie,be careful or I will tell P. where it came from and he can think of you too, lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Jan, it sounded like a wonderful shopping trip, until the free gift appeared. I know this kind of enthusiasm from hubby here as well, sometimes we do have different ideas about free gifts, too. Besides, if it is a little bit like one of the hair brushes I have, it might be awfully noisy when the back is used. What your husband said made me giggle, because exactly the same words have been said here as well, the last time because of several wooden spoons hubby bought. They are nasty and stingy, but it made me giggle when he praised them so much. :)
    Oh and it is not too early for Christmas shopping at all! I have been collecting ideas all year and now try to get the things before the December shopping rush starts. Oh yes, shopping for the little ones is pretty awesome, and I could do that for hours and hours, too. There are just so many lovely things they would like. :) Well, I better not spend too much though, because the wooden spoons are always nearby. :) Loved the picture with the birds and how they are together. Wishing you a wonderful week too!

    hugs and love

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina, You are right, it is jolly noisy, I was worried the neighbours might hear it! I hope you had a lovely weekend. Have fun Christmas shopping for your littlies, girl's stuff is so nice.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  12. Freebies are always fun! Well, for somebody, anyhow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dev, how nice of you to visit. Hubby is a proper scrooge, he is enjoying this freebie a bit too much in my opinion.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Jan. I just wanted to say that I loved your post. I can imagine being in just that situation - hopefully the thrill of him thinking about you will warm the sting of the end result. missy 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Missy, welcome here, we have had lots of fun with it already ;)
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  14. Sounds like John had an eye for a bargain there. I'm in denial about Christmas, I'm really not ready for all the shopping. Perhaps you could do my present shopping and I could do your gift wrapping, that's one bit I enjoy.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, that's a good idea, you are welcome to the wrapping and I wouldn't get into trouble if I was spending someone else's money!Hope you are having a good week
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  15. Hi Jan, :) WOW! What a thoughtful hubby you have there! Freebie and all! Not even that, but he thought you should have your gift early! What a guy! LOL! You should have pointed him the way of the jewelry counter or something.

    My hairbrush is large, wooden, and the shape of yours. It is my very least favourite implement! Rob always reminds me that when I went to purchase it, he asked me, "Are you sure that you want to bring that one home?" I assured him that I did. Should have listened... But I LOVE brushing my hair with it! :)

    OH that election... devastating... I've been in tears more than once! Have to be hopeful now, as what is the alternative? Fun post! You two are so cute! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, what a good idea. I will start at the jewellery shop next time!Oh no wood is bad :(. We did have a wooden one in the early days and it broke mid wallop over my chubby behind. Funny how I never got around to replacing it, lol
      Oh the election, what a disaster, worse even than our brexit vote. That was bad enough but Donald Trump takes the biscuit
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  16. hI Jan: glad to hear you having fun in life. Buying presents for Christmas is always a thrill for me, but Cindy finds it a stressful time. John is such a thoughtful husband, a freebie that you both can enjoy. I totally agree that leaving it visible is always a wee thrill to see, knowing it's purpose. Hope you feel the benefits of his freebie very soon!!!
    bottoms up
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red, Thoughtful! my eye....
      Yes thanks he has had a play with his new toy, lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete