Saturday, 28 January 2017

Fun and the Fourth!


Hello everyone,

Hope you are all having a good week, very different across that pond this week I imagine. We are watching with disbelief your new President's antics, must be scary to be there.

This week has been one of change for us, My Mother's funeral was in the week and surprisingly it turned out to be a happy day. The service was sweet, the music she chose herself, and the wake was full of memories and kindness. I can only hope she finally has the peace she craved for so long.
Our lives are  certainly different without her in them.

Also this week it has been our




How time flies when you are having fun! 

Hubby said ,

"Surely it is not that long, we must celebrate in the traditional way".

Any excuse in this house for a bit of spanky action, he then proceeded to use more than a few implements in a jolly fashion...

When I think back to the early tentative days of ttwd it seems to me that he has become a lot more skilled, both in the application of and knowing just when spankings are needed in this household!

 Never to late to learn, apparently!

For me it seems longer, I feel like it has always been a part of our lives, four years out of almost thirty five is nothing, yet it is everything......



Often.


 We have achieved such closeness since starting ttwd , retirement has only added to it. I feel like life is just beginning. Our ttwd life is of the fun variety, just right for us. I sometimes see people struggling with the dd side of things and am glad we came to the conclusion that for us this lifestyle is simply an enhancement to our happy marriage. It must be so difficult to marry someone and then develop this desire to change into a completely different lifestyle. 

I don't particularly class myself as submissive but by the same token I am not a top either. I love to please and nurture, so that makes it easier I suppose.  Four years on I am still me, and he is still him, we are just more sparkly versions of us I suppose, lol.




We don't tell anyone in our real lives about ttwd but  we don't especially try to hide it. The one thing I do do is make sure when the kids are about (grown though they are), that there are no toys laying about, Minelle's drawing comes down temporarily, that sort of thing.

 Only this time I forgot something.......

Hubby has a mug that very clearly states "I love spanking my wife " on it. This is usually hidden after dil to be spotted it one time :(   This dil is the one who up till now has been the only one almost in the know.



Imagine my horror on their latest visit  that I noticed my son carrying it up the stairs to our other dil (yes the one that hubby once swatted in reflex when she hugged him, an embarrassing experience for him and her!) full of coffee.

"Omg , omg" I hissed at hubby as son went out of sight.

"He is using the mug ......"

"What mug?"

"Seriously !!!! What mug, what mug, you know what mug for Christ's sake"

 I suddenly became a broken record. Hubby had the audacity to laugh.

"Too late now, don't worry about it"

"Funny man, what if they say something?"

"They won't.."

"How do you know that?"

"Think about it, would we say anything to our parents if it was us?  We are English, we would never say anything and they won't either"

I huffed about, muttering the dire things I was going to do to said mug when I got my hands on it.


Guess who was right though. The empty mug appeared in the sink and once washed was banished (by me) to the dark recesses of the cabinet never to be seen again! Nobody said a thing, not  a single word but I am reckoning that all the kids  know now. I suppose we did well keeping it a secret for four years.
At least Grandbaby can't read yet, sigh.....

And I am guessing that when we shuffle off this mortal coil the four of them won't be too stunned by the contents of the toy box.

 Every cloud has a silver lining :)

And at least they didn't spot the pyjamas we bought each other for Christmas

His

Mine


 Hope you are all well and happy, and enjoying life.

love 
     Jan, xx






32 comments:

  1. Jan its so good to hear from you. Funerals are much better these days with celebrating the persons life. Sounds like you would have done your mum proud with her service.

    Love how you said "I am still me and he is still him, just more sparkly versions" That really sums it up in a nut shell.
    Happy 4 year blogiversary. Glad TTWD has brought you closer and is so much fun.

    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lindy, I think your relationship is the sparkly kind too! Mum's "party" was so nice, much better than I could have hoped for.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  2. I was smiling all the time I was reading. Your mum's funeral was as it should be, a celebration of her life. I love that you are so enjoying this new stage of life,getting to know things about yourselves and each other. Those shirts are perfect....and when one is 'itching' for some spanking fun, they make the perfect hint.
    I have wondered what the kids will think after I am gone and they discover the 'toy bag'. Hopefully after the shock, they will laugh....think..who would have guessed?
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, we both got each other the pyjamas as a surprise! I think all our children will be stunned after the event! Maybe we should all do what PK has done and write a letter explaining, lesson the shock,lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Jan, I'm glad the funeral was a happy send off! It's easier to move on with the grieving process when that happens. Otherwise our grief and sadness is compounded with so many confusing emotions.
    Yay to 4 years of blogging! I can see how happy it makes you! The happiness comes through!
    I'd hide my picture too! That ones pretty graphic!
    My pics that I've drawn just hang out buried in a drawer under cover of lingerie! :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, we don't hide the picture generally, just when the kids come, we are very pleased to have it.
      The last four years have sped by, am hoping we have lots more.
      The sweetness of the day helped no end with our loss and knowing she wanted to go to is at the back of my mind.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  4. This is just such a lovely post, Jan. Rich in love, I think. Your mother's service sounds just right. A joyful celebration of her life and a wish for her to have eternal peace.

    Your blog is always a favorite place for me to visit. I love it even more now that I can think of your pretty face when I am immersed in one of your posts. Congrats to you on 4 years!

    My favorite line above is "I feel like life is just beginning." That is so true! Thanks for putting it into words, Jan.

    Hugs and Much Love Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella, oh I feel the same way about your blog! After caring for her for so long I think I will begin to wonder what to do with myself after the practicalities are sorted. Hubby has plans though I think ;)
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  5. This just made my day! What a lovely post. I love the PJ's and I was telling my husband all about what you wrote. TTWD does make for a delightful marriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, I think your Nick feels like my hubby doesn't he? Mine reckons we are entitled to some fun and there is to be no misery in our version of ttwd!
      Enjoying retirement?
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  6. Jan,
    We were both laughing throughout the reading of your post. Ouch is not a safe word has me still giggling. Congratulations on year #4! Your blog was one of the first I enjoyed and you are still writing posts that make us all laugh. You are a ttwd treasure for sure.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Meredith, glad to have amused you! lol. I love my pyjamas, I have bright pink checked bottoms to go with the t-shirt , I think he aims for that colour at certain times.
      I loved the words he chose for me, very apt in this house and yours too.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  7. Great post, full of love and laughs. I like the pajamas too. EL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi EL, Thank you, it was a very spanky Christmas as we were on our own for pressie opening time and seized the chance to surprise each other!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  8. Jan, I'm so glad your mum had a happy send off. Be assured she is at peace now, she wanted to go.
    I love your comment that you are more sparkly versions of yourselves since ttwd entered your lives, that is a great description and one I can identify with.
    Loved the jammies too!
    Congrats on your four year Blogiversary; I found Blogland soon after you wrote your first post.
    Love, Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Rosie, I think we all feel a bit more sparkly now, I am so glad you found us all and started your own blog.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  9. LoL at the we are English, so true.
    happy 4th year!
    Hugs DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DF, it is so true, they must have been dying to say something really. poor kids! lol,
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  10. Happy the funeral was a positive memorial for your mum, Jan. Happy Blogiversary! I cracked up reading about the mug, and yes...grand will be old enough to read one day and will find the most embarrassing thing to read. Count on it. ;) Love the pyjamas...fun! :D

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, Thanks, she is a bright spark , we will have to be on our toes for certain.
      Hope all is well with you
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Jan, sounds like a wonderful celebration of your Mum's life.

    Congratulations on your 4th blogiversary! I love the fun you two have with ttwd. Happy for you that you have found what works for you.

    I reackon the mug needs to disappear from the cupboard entirely lol. Absolutely love the PJ's lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, Thank you, I actually think the happiest couples are the ones who compromise the most,it must be hard if one partner can't accept the others limits.I can't bear to lose the mug altogether, in fact he has his tea in it as we speak!
      Hope your return to work has been okay.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  12. I'm laughing at your post and know just how you feel. On one of my last posts I had a response from someone with the same name as our daughter. Although she knows about the writing, she doesn't know the rest and my heart went into my throat. Once I calmed down I realized it couldn't have been her but wow those few moments.

    4 years already - doesn't seem possible. I know when I look back I can't believe how quickly the time speeds by.
    Glad you two are such lovebirds - it is something that makes me smile to see older couples still so much in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, oh wow that would have got me worried too. I wish we could be open about it really, give them a few ideas ;)
      Just today we realised we were thinking the same thing yet again. I think we are more in tune with each other nowadays,lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  13. I do love to visit here Jan. Great post had me smiling. Your mother's funeral sounds perfect, a celebration of her life.

    I love those PJ's. I'm going to have to get P that t-shirt.

    Congratulations and happy belated 4th Blogiversary. Here's to many many more.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, it was a nice day really, I know that seems odd to say.
      Cafe press is where the pyjamas come from ( and the mug!).
      I hope I can keep blogging as long as you, I often struggle to think of anything interesting to say.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  14. such a happy post. thank-you for sharing your joy. I love the pajamas. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Terps, thank you. I hope you and yours are doing well.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  15. Glad to hear you have beautiful memories of your mom that you can hold close in your heart in the years ahead. On another note, loved this post especially the pj's. Love the humor you both shared about the coffee cup incident.. I would have just been mortified for sure. Congratulations on 4 years blogging... time does pass all too quickly while having fun right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annabelle, yes it does, our thirty five year marriage has sped past! Hope you are okay.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete