Saturday, 8 April 2017

Late Answers!



Hello everyone,

These are the last of my March questions. I am a bit late in the answer department ,
 but better late than never...

Katie asked these.

What does a great day look like for you? Do you have hobbies?  How is Grandbaby?  Do you ever get spanked for spoiling her and buying her too many clothes and toys?

A great day is just spent with hubby. We are enjoying retirement and love pottering round new towns and villages round us. A nice lunch out, a visit to a tourist attraction, I love a visit to  a stately home. Doesn't matter about the weather, just an easy day.
Also I love when I visit my oldies and they are well and happy ( as this is not on the cards at the moment, when this happens it is a really good day).

As to hobbies, I love love love reading. It has been my thing since I was a tiny girl and my kindle is my favourite possession.


I also enjoy sewing a little bit. I am not very good at it but I like a bit of patchwork and have made lots of bits for our home and especially grandbaby's room


Grandbaby is wonderful, she is gabbling on non stop, can count to ten, and knows some colours. She too is book mad.  I wonder where she got that from! She  traces the words with her finger saying da da da da as she goes! The best thing is she is coming for a holiday to Grandma and Grandpa's in June.


We love having her all to ourselves,  we are having a wooden play house in the garden ready for her trip, and her wardrobe has a new selection of summer dresses ready and waiting.......and so onto your next question.

No, he is as bad as me, who do you think is building the house? ( I am making curtains and cushions.)
Yes we really are bonkers grandparents!!

Okay now onto Cat's question.

What four people living or dead would you invite for drinks and dinner? 

For me the hardest question,  I  struggled with this one, toyed with having just my favourite authors but decided to branch out as I couldn't settle on just four!

Here goes, first of all I would have my friend Lindy. I fear that in real life our paths would never be able to cross so I would have her and Bear here for this.


Next on the list would be Bradley Walsh, a comedian, quiz host and all round nice chap

  Just my cup of tea


Funny, beautiful, sweet, gentle she would be a perfect guest. When I was young I wanted to be just like her.


Gorgeous, hunky, Dom like, he will definitely top it off!

Hope you are all having a great weekend

Love Jan, xxx

17 comments:

  1. I am off to have a whole week of grands to myself soon...grandson (5) called me on Friday,and said He asks mom how many more days til grandma is in charge LOL. I tell them we are just making memories...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, oh lovely, he is at a super age to spoil ;)
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  2. love hearing about your family :-) so special Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, To be honest it doesn't seem so long ago my own were as young as yours, it goes so quickly.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Jan, Loved reading your answers. Lucky grandbaby having a playhouse built. AWW so sweet you would invite Bear and I to your dinner party. Wish it could come true I think we would get on so well in real life.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, yes we would, and yes she is!!!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  4. I am so envious that you get to have your grand come visit...spoiling them with love is the best, isn't it, Jan. :) Ooh I do like your choices for your dinner party...that would be a fun and interesting group. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat, I love having her here, she is so sweet and funny. Just an idea Cat but have you spoken to Enzo? Just wondering....;)
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Jan, I enjoyed reading your answers and love your dinner guests. Reading about your grandbaby made me smile, so glad you get to have her to yourselves and spoil her. She is a lucky little girl :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I think we are the lucky ones to have her, I think son and dil are just glad to have help now and again. Is it bad that I am glad it is us not the other grandparents, hee hee
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed reading your answers Jan and loved reading about your grandbaby. Made me smile. Thank you for sharing

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, it will be your turn soon maybe!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  7. Loved your dinner party guests. Laughing at your and hubby getting ready for the grand's visit - enjoy every moment and capture it in pictures - it goes by so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, it is like a royal visit when she arrives with her entourage!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  8. Oh, Jan, I love the idea of the playhouse for a sweet granddaughter. You will have so much fun decorating it with her. Perhaps you will do a bit of sewing, perhaps some pretty curtains. Hope it is big enough that you can crawl inside as well for a tea party!

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella, I am looking forward to it so much. It will be your turn one day, hopefully soon
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  9. Fun answers.... The best funny thing I heard a comedian say about Doris Day is that he knew her before she was a virgin... So many delightful comedies, with her having many kids in some, but no sex whatsoever until married....
    bottoms up
    Red

    ReplyDelete