Sunday, 16 July 2017

Missed You....


Hello everyone,

A few months ago I decided to take a break from Blogland after four and a half years. I think maybe life has taken it's toll on me, ill health, family issues, life in general I suppose.  I found myself only blogging about the horrid stuff, always moaning. Who wants to read that? No one, anymore than I want to write it.



I will admit to lurking sometimes, but I couldn't bring myself to comment on anyone's posts as I lost confidence when I commented on a new blogger's post that had worried me.
I felt it best to stay quiet for a little while.


However I do have lots of friends out here and lots have contacted me by email and I am very grateful to you all. So I dipping my toe back in the water so to speak, just to say hello.....


I hope all of you are well and happy and enjoying ttwd. That aspect of our lives seems to have settled into a relaxing fun sort of thing,  morning spankings mostly,  just because he/we want to. There has been no "proper" discipline of any kind, due in part to my angelic behaviour (or his ignoring the naughtiness, much more likely, sigh...).
I am not complaining, how could he  really spank someone who is already in pain? Why would I want him too? And if he did could I cope with it.... I am thinking probably not if I am truly honest.
I think my mind wants more than my body and he knows it
Sad but true. Still there are

 Plenty of the giggly ones



Some of  these ;)



 It might be different these days but this is still as true as ever


as is this.......


In our day to day life, we still have two oldies to care for. I have heard today that the nursing home in which they live has been put up for sale. I have no idea what will happen as yet. I am in almost daily as fil is so frail and mil is a joy to visit!

Grand baby has been to stay again and we have had some lovely times with her, she is almost two now and the light of our lives. She loves bows, sparkles, any book she can lay her hands on, and her favourite person in the world appears to be her  Poppa.

 Not to brag or anything but I think I know this one off by heart as it is her favourite!!



The English summer has been lovely, days of sunshine and flowers, walks on the beach and in the country. In a few weeks time we are having another bloggers meet up and I am so looking forward to meeting up with some English bloggers friends and Minelle. I am sure we will miss Ella and DF but what a treat to meet our famous artist friend from across the sea.


Hope you are all having a fun summer (or winter in Lindy and Roz's neck of the woods),
Missed you all. Thank you to all of you who have emailed me, I have much appreciated it.
love Jan, xx












32 comments:

  1. Hi, Jan, I'd wondered where you'd gone. I'm sorry you've felt discouraged from blogging, and I'm glad you poked back in! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, Thanks, I hope your challenge is going well,
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  2. I glad you popped in to say hi. I've missed you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear how you are doing..you have been missed...2 all ready...they grow so fast...love when they are learning to talk..hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, We can't believe how much she changes every time we see her, she talks non stop and loves life
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  4. Yippee! Welcome back. Missed you so much. Hugs to that grand-baby. Enjoy your visit with everyone and take your time getting healthy and strong. It is absolutely wonderful seeing a post from you again.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, thanks a lot, I am glad you and Eric are okay, hope you are having a great summer
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  5. It's good to hear that you are doing well! Sometimes, a break from anything is healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CB, I am hoping I will be able to get back in the groove a bit more now, hope all is well with you
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  6. Jan, I'm so happy to see this post. Really have missed you around here as you seem to brighten us all up. I know you are angelic, that's why there are no discipline spankings. LOL!
    Hope you start improving health wise and everything settles down in your life.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, I have appreciated our friendship, especially lately while I have been struggling, thanks so much
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Jan, welcome back! It's so great to see you post. I have missed you and wondered how you are doing.

    I'm sorry you are battling health issues and hope it eases soon.

    Enjoy that grandbaby and the lovely summer. The weather here has been quite awful with a couple of storms recently bringing lots of rain and gale cold winds.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, thanks a lot, It is strange to think of you suffering whilst we are having such a lovely summer. Hope it warms up a bit soon
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  8. I'm going to miss seeing you all, but life is just too complicated at the moment to disappear off for a day. I've missed your blogging, but I'm likewise off blogging and only sporadically comment. There's no spanking here either because health has kept us distant.
    Enjoy your granddaughter, they grow up so quickly! Weather at least is better than previous summers.
    Perhaps inspiration for blogging will come back to us soon.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Df, It is a shame you can't come this time. I think the lack of something to say is all around the land at the moment, we need a drama or a cause to unite us,lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  9. And we missed you. Wonderful to see you pop up in my blog list. So glad you are back.

    I hope your health issues ease up for you. Enjoy that little Granddaughter.

    Looking forward to meeting up again and yes, we will miss DF and Ella but will be lovely to meet Minelle.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, I am looking forward to the meet up, do you think our American friends are going to come one at a time each year,lol? We could do with somewhere like Corbin's bend for us all to go to at once!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  10. Thankful you are back to posting and glad the summer is lovely. Enjoy your sweet grandbaby, two is an awesome age to spoil her.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baker, thanks, hope all is going well for you too.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  11. Jan, Jan ... I've missed you. We may live very far apart, but as for our TTWD journey we could be twins. I think we all started out to write spanking blogs - which is exactly what we did. But life changes and meanders and our blogs change too. I blog about anything, and I hope my friends do too. It's still a safe place to talk about spanking - one of the few places that's so, but mostly I'm here talking to friends and I am so happy you're back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK, I have missed you too. I wonder why we have all struggled to write about ttwd lately. Are we fed up struggling with it, doing it, not doing it? I feel like my writing has gone off the boil!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  12. Jan, so glad to see you here. Was thinking of you the other day and tried to send an email but it didn't go through.

    As PK said, we all started out one way and so many of us are no longer there. The only thing that remains is the friendship which is the best thing that came out of all of it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, Funny how we all started together and have all slowed down at the same time. How you keep thinking of your cute Monday stories is beyond me, thank goodness you do I say
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Jan! :) I'm so SO happy to see you posting! You have been incredibly missed!! You have brought so much support, and joy to people around here through the years. I am sorry that something had you worried. It is not easy to navigate the vast internet.

    I haven't been great at posting either, and even commenting, the last... long while. Life gets busy, and sometimes I have trouble sitting down, and writing something. What I do know is that when i am not writing, the friendships made here over time, are so very dear to me, and are never far from my heart. I often feel bad when I don't write. At the same time, I think of it like this: When I don't hear from a blogger, and then they pop up again, it is simply a joy to hear from them. People do what they can, when they can. I hope that most people feel that way.

    I hope that things go well with finding a new care home for your in-laws. It sounds like your grand is a wonderful girly girl toddler. How fun to spoil her with your love! How could she be two already???? time flies! Many hugs and love,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, it is nice to be back with everyone. The care home situation is a nightmare, we have been under threat of closure for ages and we thought that was sorted only to find out this! Trouble is my parents in law stand a good chance of being split up after 68 years. I am so anxious for them. Hope you had a great anniversary,
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  14. Jan, I was so happy to see you back in Blogland today, you've been much missed. Sorry you're still struggling with ill health but pleased to hear you're still getting plenty of spanky fun!
    It's hard to believe grandbaby is almost two. Glad you've managed to spend lots of time with her. Sounds like you've managed to bring out her girly side with all the pretty things!
    Love, Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, I am looking forward to seeing you again soon, She is growing up so fast, terrible twos are on the way!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  15. Jan: sorry to hear that you are still having health problems, and now new problems with a home for elderly parents.
    Glad to hear of good weather, fun little spankings, and walks on the beach, and being with a grandchild. Hope you are fully healthy again soon.
    bottoms up
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red, Thanks, my poor oldies are so sweet and I am keeping them out of it until I know what is happening. The weather is lovely here, off to the beach today. Hope all is well for you and Cindy
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  16. welcome back! have thought of you often and glad to hear how you are doing. Many hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete