Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Memeing on a rainy Afternoon.....


Hello everyone,

Back from a trip to London to meet up with the most amazing friends, Rosie, Ronnie, Ami and Minelle I find myself wishing it was time to do it all again. I am so lucky to have met you all and received such lovely gifts. For some reason my husband likes Ronnie's present  the best!!! he could hardly wait to get back to our hotel room to try that nifty little cane out. We then spent the weekend with Grandbaby who is two this week. It hardly seems so long since I was saying to Ami how much I longed for a grandchild and here she is two already!

I am sitting on the sofa looking out of the window , just admiring the typically English garden that my husband has lovingly grown into our own beautiful space and....

It is absolutely pouring, the rain is hammering down and not expected to stop for a good long while. So thanks to Ella I am going to while away the afternoon completing her latest meme.

1. Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.



"Close your eyes", by Michael Buble. It gets me every time.

2.What is your favourite shade of lipstick? and nail polish? If you don't wear either what do you like or dislike about the shades you see others wear?

I wear a shiny lip gloss in a pale pink and on my toe nails I change colour  to match what I am wearing. I never leave it on at night and rarely wear it on my fingers. I don't mind what others wear but I am not a fan of black.

3.Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you can remember all the words.

The first one that grandbaby took a liking to was "Twinkle twinkle little star" so probably that has become well known around here.

4.What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well dressed?

One of my phase eight or Roman dresses with nude patent shoes, with a little heel. Maybe a nice jacket if it is chilly.

5.If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?

Cabin in the mountains, no question.

6.If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a thing for? If you are not that old, tell us a musician that really did it for you.

Not a Beatle for me, it was .......


 
 Yummy then and ...
  

  

 Yep, still got it, lol.

7.Name a smell you love, your choice.
 Flowers, especially roses. Surprisingly I love the smell of Vanilla too ;)  
 

8.How often do you defuzz your legs? Wax,razor or electric?
In the shower, every day, takes no time at all. Couldn't stand to leave them for days on end!

9.How /why did you choose your blog name?


 Seriously that is why, I am stupid .

10.What do you like to eat for breakfast? To drink? Tea or Coffee?
 My favourite meal of the day and I could eat it anytime in preference to anything else. 


                                                            
                                     coffee and toast, white bread, proper butter and marmalade. 

11.How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, youngest or in the middle?
 I have one totally amazing brother who is a couple of years younger than me and yes I was the bossy older sister.

12.What is your favourite salad dressing?

None, I eat it as it comes with nothing on it.

13. If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip who would you pick?
 If I wasn't sitting next to my husband I would want to be by myself.  My kindle and I would be just fine by ourselves thanks.

14.Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?

   Is this a trick question?

15. If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper what would it be?
  I can't think of one thing, I think I must just fly off the handle randomly  :( and probably too often.

16.Tell us the best photo you have ever had taken.
 Oh gosh I am not keen on photos of me. My husband's favourite is one he took of me sitting on the edge of a fountain in Paris the weekend we got engaged.

17. Have you ever gone skinny dipping and where?
Recently we hired a log cabin with a hot tub to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we were naked in the hot tub all the time, but in a pool or the sea no.

18. What do you like on your pizza? What don't you like?

    Just cheese for me, thanks. I am not a fan of spicy pizza or too much meat. 

Thanks Ella, that filled in the afternoon nicely.  

Hope you are all well and happy
love Jan, xx 

30 comments:

  1. Hi Jan!
    Memes are so fun because we get to learn a lot about each other. My all time favorite answer of yours is #14 "Is this a trick question?" Haha. You had me on the floor with that one.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, well it was a daft question. I won't believe anyone who says they haven't!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  2. Jan, it was so good catching up with you, Ronnie and Ami as well as meeting our friend Minelle from the other side of the Pond. The afternoon sped by so quickly. Let's do it again soon!
    I loved your answers to Ella's meme. Number 14 made me laugh too.
    Love, Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, well you are lucky there is an actual Roman shop near enough for you to get to! Love Jan, xx

      Delete
  3. I think you are first person that I know who eats a naked salad....I agree with you on the shopping.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, I don't like any salad dressings, I reckon that is why my tribe aren't keen on salad as I make it so boring for them, lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  4. Jan,
    I, too, laughed out loud reading your #14 answer. Loved all of you gathering to meet Minelle. So sweet!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, time you hopped over here too I am thinking
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  5. Loved reading your answers Jan. Going to try this meme.
    I also love a rainy day-we don't get the here too often, when it does rain, it seems to do it at night and I miss it.
    So glad you got to meet up with friends and I know what you mean if you ould do a rerun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, Oh the world is too big, we are all so far apart :(
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Jan, glad you ladies had a wonderful time together, I would love to meet blog friends in person.

    Really enjoyed reading your answers, you answer to the shopping question made me giggle too. Toast and marmalade, you are an Enlish rose :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, We would love to meet you too. You and Lindy are so far away yet so close to our hearts.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  7. Jan, it was so lovely to see you, Rosie, Ami and our friend Minelle. Didn't the afternoon go so quickly. I hope we don't leave it as long as last time to meet up again. I loved your answers to Ella's meme. Number 14 made me laugh too. We have a Roman shop in one of our towns but I don't think I've ever been in.

    Happy hubby liked my little gift. What did you think of it?

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, We definitely mustn't leave it so long next time. I do like your present as long as he is gentle with it!Thanks very much
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  8. It makes me so happy to know other bloggers do a meme I wrote. You are just so sweet, Jan. Pale pink and roses describes you to a T! Very witty answer to #14. Loved that one.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ella, I don't always do the memes but yours are always worth doing. I can never think of questions to ask people. Most girls like shopping I think.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Jan, It sounds like you all had a wonderful time meeting up. Pity the world isn't smaller. Wouldn't it be fun if we could have one huge blogger party.
    Loved reading your answers to Ella's meme. I must get around to doing this one. I also loved your answer to number 14.LOL!
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindy, yes we did and oh yes a great big party would be wonderful.
      I hope you are feeling better now, take the chance to do the meme while you are resting maybe
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  10. Great meme, Jan! I didn't recognize the handsome lad in #6 but my favourite Beatle was George.

    I must try that meme!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hermione, I thought everyone in the world knew Donny Osmond!!! Yes you must do it too.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  11. I sure would have liked to have been at that meeting! I think the airlines should give free ticket to all us bloggers! I like the name of your blog. Your answers were all interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pk, We would have loved you to be with us too. Your turn for the meme now.
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  12. Hi Jan!

    Didn't we all have a good time meeting up?! Yes, we did!!!

    Loved your answers! It's about time we had a day out shopping again! I like Phase Eight too!

    Can't believe your Grandbaby is two! My younger one will be four next month. Where does all the time go!

    Lots of hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami, yes we must. Oh my goodness Four already!! I remember when you were waiting for him to make an appearance. When she came down the stairs this morning she saw her presents and just kept saying Wow! wow!, bless her...
      love Jan, xxx

      Delete
  13. Hi Jan. Fun to read on a rainy vacation day, hoping the sun will appear tomorrow! Happy to read more about you and family. Did hubby use the cane otk, and how did you and how did he like it?
    Bottoms up
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red, It is raining here too today. We are used to it over here! Hope you and Cindy have a fun holiday. I was over the pillows, he liked it a lot and I liked it a little, lol
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  14. Hi Jan,:) LOVED reading all of your answers too! I too am a #14 lover. Shop til you drop, and it may even lead to a nice little spanking! LOL! Shopping sprees are to be avoided however. HA!

    It is so SO wonderful that you all got together! Minelle was thrilled too! So happy for you all! I too wish that this world was a little smaller so that we could all meet up! Imagine the big party, the smiles and the hugs!

    Your response to Red about the cane made me LOL! I can relate. Fun answers. I will do this one asap. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, oh Minelle was absolutely lovely, really super, I enjoyed meeting her so much, you next!!
      love Jan, xx

      Delete
  15. wonderful questions and answers...loved reading this! :-) Hugs Glad you had such a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, hope all is well with you and yours
      love Jan, xx

      Delete