Thought I would enter Ella's olympic meme. Can't let the side down in England, although I fear we sadly won't be achieving great heights on the medal table in South Korea .
1, If you could go back in time to when you were a child for only one day, what would you want to do?
I would love to go back to the day I was taken to see ballroom dancing for the first time. I was taken by some friends of my parents supposedly to keep their daughter company. In reality I think they knew exactly what they were doing for me. It changed my life in a heartbeat and I would love to be able to go back in time and thank them.....
2. What is your favourite poem? Of you do not have one please tell us about lyrics to a special song.
I am not a fan of poetry but love lots and lots of music. The lyrics to Close your Eyes make me cry every time I hear Michael Buble sing it...
3. Name something you wish someone would invent?
I don't think I am very ambitious, I have few ideas here, maybe some one could invent chocolate, biscuits and cake that were actually good for you...
4. Think of the phrase "There oughta be a law..." What is your idea of a law that ought to be, silly or serious?
"There oughta be a law that says old people who have poor eyesight and bad reflexes are made to stop driving!" Just saying....
5. What sort of amenities would there be in your dream kitchen or bathroom? If you could remodel what would you do?
What about one of those in the kitchen maybe, lol. Actually I am the luckiest here as I have had both, the bathroom a few years ago, all white and shiny and a new kitchen just last year.I got to choose everything I wanted, and I love it. The thing I had never had before was a dishwasher and I am so glad I had that!
6. What do you love about winter? What do you hate about winter?
I love to see the frosty snowy weather, when I am tucked up inside by the fire.
I am not so keen on the biting wind and the endless rain.
7. Tell us one thing about your Mother you have tried to emulate in your life ? Tell us something you have tried to do differently.
With my hand on my heart I can honestly say I never want to do anything she did. I try to do everything differently. When I was young I tried so hard to emulate a friend's mum and I still try to follow her ideals and do for others what she did for me. I have always tried to pass it forward. Indeed I now help one of my former pupils in a similar way. she knows she is to carry on the tradition.
8. What was the most special gift you received for Christmas this year? Please tell us why.
I received a framed photo of our two acquired Grands. On the tag it said to Grandma and Grandad. It was such a sweet photo, they had been all dressed up and it was taken specially for us. I loved it, in fact I cried when I opened it.
9. Tell us about a regret from your childhood. It could be something you did or something you didn't do
In truth I was always much too scared to do anything I shouldn't have, a proper scaredy cat.
I wish I could have been braver as a child and as a teenager.
10. If you were being sent off to a desert island forever and there was only one book you could read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I honestly don't know if I can answer this, I read voraciously and the thought of only one book being available to me is awful. I think I would try and smuggle a suitcase full
11.Name three qualities you look for in a friend.
Shared interests ;)
12. What is the oldest book you own?
I think the books I have from my childhood, all my Enid Blyton's. From fairytales to The Famous five. I am now sharing them with my Grand babies.
13. Not that they would necessarily except your advice, but what bits of guidance would you give a young person in today's world?
I have always told my boys and now the grands that this is the most important thing .
Also I would tell them all to learn to read as everything else is much harder if you don't have this skill.
14. What is your favourite comedy movie and Why?
No idea, I have films I like, but a specific comedy , no not really. Maybe I have no sense of humour........
15. Are there any calendar dates that always make you feel sad or reflective? Name one and tell us why?
Thanks Ella for the meme, hope everyone joins in.
love Jan, xx